Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from VA

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from VA

I have a 98 Camaro Z28. I've had it for a few months now, mainly a troll on ls1tech, reading the write ups, doing lots of research, and learning a whole lot. So thanks to all in the tech community.

Currently I have a lot of appearance mods, an slp lid with k&n and fast toys ram air installed. I have a pair of pacesetter long tubes and sweet thunder true duals from Texas speed just waiting to be installed. I'm looking to upgrading to an ls6 intake. Not sure where to take it from there after that but I'm learning. Its nice to have your dream car at such a young age.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Launching!

What part of VA?
Old 12-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Teching In

VA/NC boarder. Danville
Old 12-27-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Troll on up to Virginia Beach for some of the inevitable power upgrades you will need
Old 12-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by benman715
VA/NC boarder. Danville
Thats cool. A little far from Va Beach but is worth the trip out here to go to Va Speed as well as all the other stuff that goes on around here during the summer months.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Teching In

What would you recommend for power upgrades? As I mentioned I do have the long tubes and the true duals just waiting to be put on, I heard it's night and day difference on performance and the sound is a wet dream.

Can't say I've heard of Virginia Speed either, is it a race track? A place for performance parts?...Although I do have a bit of knowledge on this stuff I'm still new and learning, so I appreciate any insight.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Launching!

Virginia Speed is a performance shop in Va Beach. Full machining capability and in house dyno and all kinds of nice pretty parts on the showroom floor. A car enthusiasts wet dream. The bolt on parts will get you some power but if you're looking for real power, look into heads and a cam. Also look at intakes, throttle bodies, forced induction or nitrous. It really all depends on you and what kind of power levels you are looking for.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the heads up, I reckon I'll head out there during the summer months and check it out.

As for the amount of power I want to push. I'm looking to have around 400 as a daily driver, build on up to more. I don't have the funds to do everything all at once, so little by little, this is my long term goal.

I'm going to have to read up on some of the things you mentioned. As I said I'm aiming for upgrading to an ls6 intake or fast, but that's a way off, first I wanna get the true duals installed.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:30 AM
On The Tree

Welcome!

Long tubes and full exhaust made a HUGE difference in the sound of my 01 Z28... you will truly love it man...

QTP Longtubes... need em swapped over to my 02 SS I I just bought though! Any help Virginia Speed???