Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam swap completed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 07:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Cam swap completed! Updated with link to pics/vids

Last night my friend Tony and I finished up the cam swap on my car. I put in a Futral F11 112 +4, Chromoly pushrods, Crane duals, Ti retainers and an asp pulley. We started the job on Sat, continued on Sunday (ran into a few snags), and finally finished up last night and fired her up. Sounds awesome. My idle is all wacked out but it did start up fine and idled well from a cold start. The whole swap was not too bad although we realized the "little stuff" takes up a lot of time (removing radiator and hoses, getting crank seal out, crossthreading a rocker bolt!) . All in all it was a good time! Tony took a ton of digital pics all the way through and we even got some sound clips of the first start up and some idle and revs

I just want to give Matt Sorian of TT Performance some due credit for getting me a set of Crane duals on 2 hrs notice on a sunday (I was missing an inner spring to one of mine). Matt Met up with me near my house and hooked me up with a great price as well. Thanks goes out to you.

Also Candy at Futral Motorsports- Went out of her way to overnight me the cam due to backlogs at their cam grinders! Thanks a bunch

And Thanks to Tony for helping me with the whole deal, two people thrashing on the car is a much better way to work!

Update- Here's a link to the pics and some of the footage from a dig cam capture
Pics and Vids

Last edited by SloppyRob; 03-16-2004 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and enjoy the new found power.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats awesome. Congrats on the install. I think you'll really enjoy that cam. I have the FM-F4-112+4 and loved it. It dynoed 390rwhp untuned on a 95degree day.

Matt at TTP is a really great guy to deal with and Futral Motorsports is also very good to deal with. I highly recommend them both.

Last edited by PizzOnFord; 03-16-2004 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Launching!

Wow, my dyno should be interesting. I need to wait for hptuners to release there software before i hit the dyno though.

Great numbers on the F4!

Originally Posted by PizzOnFord
Thats awesome. :thumbsup: Congrats on the install. I think you'll really enjoy that cam. I have the FM-F4-112+4 and loved it. It dynoed 390rwhp untuned on 95degree day.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SloppyRob
Wow, my dyno should be interesting. I need to wait for hptuners to release there software before i hit the dyno though.

Great numbers on the F4!

Thanx...don't forget to post your numbers whenever you get them. I'm interested to see what type of power your cam make. Good luck with the cam
Old 03-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Launching!

I agree, Matt from TT is a good guy to deal with. Gave me free shipping on headers due to some delivery problems (not his fault).
Old 03-16-2004, 12:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whats up rob! Had a blast, man. Your car sounds sick.

Anyway, MUCH PROPS to Matt. Ive rarely if ever seen someone go so far out of their way to help a customer. Really cool move man!

Thanks to rob for letting me get through the learning curve on the safety of someone else's motor!

-Tony
Old 03-16-2004, 12:28 PM
Launching!

Hey, there you are. Thanks for the help man. So when are we tearing into yours

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Whats up rob! Had a blast, man. Your car sounds sick.

Anyway, MUCH PROPS to Matt. Ive rarely if ever seen someone go so far out of their way to help a customer. Really cool move man!

Thanks to rob for letting me get through the learning curve on the safety of someone else's motor!

-Tony
Old 03-16-2004, 12:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SloppyRob
Hey, there you are. Thanks for the help man. So when are we tearing into yours
Not a chance! Ive seen what you do to rocker bolt threads! j/k Only 60K more miles left on the warranty. Im thinking maybe Ill sneak some headers on there after I get my tax return.

BTW, I keep going over these sound clips. My favorite is the last clip. It sounds !

-T
Old 03-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Launching!

Me Rocker bolt

Headers will be nice!

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Not a chance! Ive seen what you do to rocker bolt threads! j/k Only 60K more miles left on the warranty. Im thinking maybe Ill sneak some headers on there after I get my tax return.

BTW, I keep going over these sound clips. My favorite is the last clip. It sounds !

-T