Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SON OF A BITCH. bird shit etched on my vinyl

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Default SON OF A BITCH. bird **** etched on my vinyl

So I have these brand new vinyls I just put on my car two weeks ago and guess what of course a bird shat on it and etched a mark in it. I am so ******* pissed and of course this kind of bull **** happens to me all the time. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to either get it out or make it less noticeable or since its on vinyl I am going to go ahead and guess that I am completely fucked.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clay bar?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

x2^^^
Old 01-05-2012, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

yup clay bar should be able to get it off
Old 01-05-2012, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Calm down son! Clay bar!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn bird doodoo.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol thanks guys, I was planning on clay barring the whole car tomorrow before i wax it. I swear I have the worst luck when it comes to nice or expensive things and its getting really annoying. Hope it works. And I washed the car today so theres no doubt there will be one lucky bird who aimed just perfect to hit my car.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd say your
Just my 2 cents.....No way is clay bar going to take that out. Looks like you'll be replacing your stripe if you want it to look perfect.
Those damn birds!
Old 01-05-2012, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HAWKVERT
I'd say your
Just my 2 cents.....No way is clay bar going to take that out. Looks like you'll be replacing your stripe if you want it to look perfect.
Those damn birds!
thats what I was thinking. i dont think a clay bar will replace the little bit of vinyl thats be eaten by the acid. I hope every bird in my area just drops dead over night.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Clay bar won't work, BUT.....I still have some confidence you can polish it out because they are gloss black strips. If you had a satin or flat black, you'd be screwed.

Here's some work I did on a red Viper with gloss black strips.

Make sure you tape up around the edges so you don't lift them up and get polish stuck to the edges.

I used a Porter Cable with a 4" Lake Country black pad and Menzerna Final Finish polish on the Vinyl. The vinyl is pretty soft and that combo doesn't have a whole lot of cutting ability at all.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I couldn't see how clay baring it would work either. Go with what ^^this^^ guy suggested. That Viper looks awesome. Hopefully your Camaro will too!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
Clay bar won't work, BUT.....I still have some confidence you can polish it out because they are gloss black strips. If you had a satin or flat black, you'd be screwed.

Here's some work I did on a red Viper with gloss black strips.

Make sure you tape up around the edges so you don't lift them up and get polish stuck to the edges.

I used a Porter Cable with a 4" Lake Country black pad and Menzerna Final Finish polish on the Vinyl. The vinyl is pretty soft and that combo doesn't have a whole lot of cutting ability at all.
Agreed.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A

THanks for the info, I will def give it a try, right now i am just glad to have gotten all the acidic **** off after the wash and a run or two with some alcohol. That work on the viper is like night and day, its not that big of a spot, u think i could do it manually with an applicator pad or something or should I find a porter cable to borrow from someone. I could prolly just tape a square around it with about 2-3 square inches of vinyl that needs work. also if i end up getting a porter cable is there any links that could show me what polishing and pad to use on the regular paint as well and should I clay before polishing. Total newb here on any detailing besides the clay bar and waxing lol
Old 01-05-2012, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
THanks for the info, I will def give it a try, right now i am just glad to have gotten all the acidic **** off after the wash and a run or two with some alcohol. That work on the viper is like night and day, its not that big of a spot, u think i could do it manually with an applicator pad or something or should I find a porter cable to borrow from someone. I could prolly just tape a square around it with about 2-3 square inches of vinyl that needs work. also if i end up getting a porter cable is there any links that could show me what polishing and pad to use on the regular paint as well and should I clay before polishing. Total newb here on any detailing besides the clay bar and waxing lol

You might be able to do it by hand, but it'll take a lot of work and won't come out as good as it should. If you taped it up, that area will probably be more shiny. I'd at least do the entire stripe.

For the very basics read these and watch the vids

http://www.autogeek.net/dual-action-polisher.html
http://www.autogeek.net/ccs-polishing-how-to.html

The main foam pads I use are the 5" LC CCS orange, white and black pads. For compounds and polish, I use Menzerna Super Intensive Polish(SIP), Power Finish, Final Finish. I have more stuff, but those will get you by with most cars.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Captain Double Post

how long did the bird **** sit on there?
Old 01-06-2012, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
how long did the bird **** sit on there?
i dunno, a day at the most prolly. couldnt have been much longer than that. I clayed and waxed the car today, i guess ill just keep the stripes protected until I get the chance to fix it.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn thats some toxic bird **** there!!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol i live at the beach, I assume people been feeding these birds to many greasy *** french fries and potato chips.

Quick Reply: SON OF A BITCH. bird shit etched on my vinyl