Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Does anyone make a belt that has a "grip surface" on the smooth side of the belt?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 09:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does anyone make a belt that has a "grip surface" on the smooth side of the belt?

The way my belt routing is I have very little contact with the waterpump pulley. This has never given me issue, but I'd like to be more pro-active about it. Does anyone make a 6 rib belt that has some type of "grip" surface on the smooth side that contacts the water pump?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless it's spinning a clutch fan the water pump doesn't eat too much power. I've set up some custom serp drives without much wrap on the water pump and all was fine. Doesn't Mezerie make an electric for the lsx engines with a pulley mounted on it or do I need to put the crack pipe down?
Old 01-10-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Awake455
Unless it's spinning a clutch fan the water pump doesn't eat too much power. I've set up some custom serp drives without much wrap on the water pump and all was fine. Doesn't Mezerie make an electric for the lsx engines with a pulley mounted on it or do I need to put the crack pipe down?
Yes they do but there also like 600+ $$ , which is outrageous if you ask me
Old 01-10-2012, 12:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are few applications that came with grooved on both side belts. I think it was a two year run of the C4 Corvette that uses them. Another option could be the carbonite coating of the pulley surface.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Might be easier to add another idler.

How bad is the contact ?

Quick Reply: Does anyone make a belt that has a "grip surface" on the smooth side of the belt?