Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT's and LM with a Catted-Y

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 01:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT's and LM with a Catted-Y

I always see people saying LM with an ORY is friggin loud and just plain annoying, but how is LM with some cats thrown on after the LT's? I havent really seen anyone talk about it. Is it tolerable? Does it sound good? It has me worried as my LT's go on in a few weeks and I dont know whether to get a catted y, put in a dynomax bullet, etc. I want to me able to growl at the rice and scare them away and sound good too. Thanks guys.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

I've got the SLP LT's, SLP high-flow cats, and SLP Loudmouth, and I absolutely LOVE the sound. I've heard the same setup without cats and it sounds like a dump-truck.

My setup sounds like a slightly louder Loudmouth below 4,000rpm, but gets MUCH louder and sounds like a trumpet-like blast above 4,000rpm. I'd definitely go with some cats if you're going for the sound.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hope is sounds good, I just bought QTP longtubes, with a catted ypipe and i am running the loudmouth. I'm excited to hear it!
Old 03-17-2004, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

You'll be pleased with the sound. I think it sounds great. It's loud, but in my opinion, it isn't obnoxious. My friend has true duals out the back with two 18" bullets and no cats, and his exhaust is slightly louder than mine.

I have had a female scream "Your car is way too loud!" at me before, though. I took it as a compliment.

Here's a sound clip: http://webpages.charter.net/joshwhite/driveby.avi (Right Click > Save Target As)

Josh
Old 03-17-2004, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's annoying even with cats WOT sounds like crap, 18" dynomax going in when i get around to it.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had the SLP LT's, high-flo cats and Y-pipe installed and have the LM catback. The sounds is pretty LOUD!! You can hear the car about a mile down the road. My boyfriend has the same set up on his 02 WS6.

We took this video of it but nothing like it in person.

http://www.dpics.us/MBhdrs.mpg
Old 03-17-2004, 09:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

This system will have an aggressive sound with cats. It's much louder without them. We're done alot of SLP package with the Loudmouth. They sound good but it comes down to personal preference. Some people like the sound while others feel that it is to loud for their daily driver. I don't think it's to bad with converters.

Tom

Order line - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
E-mail - tbyrne@tbyrne.com

Price Match Plus policy
Old 03-17-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

Awesome, aggressive is what I am lookin for.