Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

muffler options for the 5.7 corsa?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 07:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb muffler options for the 5.7 corsa?

I have the corsa 3 inch quad tip exhaust on my 02, it sounds great and tuned but i just want it a little louder. What are some good mufflers for sound and maybe a little more flow? The muffler on my system is HUGE. I was also thinking about just a delete, is that practical? Thxthxthx
Old 01-24-2012, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ever considered a cutout? I would try that first before I started looking into different mufflers, the Corsa's are generally pretty loud from what I've seen. My Dad had a Corsa/LT's/Catted Y on his WS6 and that it sounded pretty nasty, I can only imagine how it would have been with a cutout or an O/R Y. Do you have cats on your car?
Old 01-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TransAmWS.6
Ever considered a cutout? I would try that first before I started looking into different mufflers, the Corsa's are generally pretty loud from what I've seen. My Dad had a Corsa/LT's/Catted Y on his WS6 and that it sounded pretty nasty, I can only imagine how it would have been with a cutout or an O/R Y. Do you have cats on your car?
i do have cats, strict emissions here. i was thinking about an off road y pipe. how would that differentiate from the normal corsa tubing? its nice and kinda loud (has that quieter corsa tuned sound) when you gas it, but the idle is very quiet. Would i be able to go to my local exhaust shop and have them slap one on or would i be better off just buying one online? The corsa muffler is HUGE, it also resonates in cabin.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

muahah change of plans. im thinking about jsut getting headers! although my emissions test is OBD-2 testing. If i kept the cats would ipass? But i know they would be much more useful if i gave it the ory, which i want to. I do havea flashpaq tuner that can delete codes. If i deleted the service engine light, would the emissions OBD-2 still pick it up?

http://www.amazon.com/Setter-70-2255...pe=5&carId=003

Those are the headers I would get. With the optional ceramic coating.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

A cat delete would make the car much louder, it was a night and day difference when I removed mines, really woke the car up sound wise.

If you don't have the sniffer test or they don't visually look under the car for cats, it should pass if you just get the SES light tuned out. However, I'm not 100% sure what the emissions requirements are where you live, you're going to have to do a little research on that.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey guys, what are the stock inlet and outlet sizes on....a stock muffler for a 2000 z28?
Old 01-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Staging Lane

The test here is obd 2 testing. I havent tested a v8 though so they may do a visual
Old 01-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sepsis
Hey guys, what are the stock inlet and outlet sizes on....a stock muffler for a 2000 z28?

Not sure. Assuming its 3 "