Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

pump and injector size for turbo V6

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pump and injector size for turbo V6

This is for my 1995 camaro with a turbo SHO engine. 67mm turbo. 5500rpm stall. TH400 trans. Building fuel system for E85.

Pump options.

I was originally planing on using a aeromotive A1000 but I have been reading that a twin walbro intake setup would have better reliability while providing cooler fuel for road course duty if I end up converting the car to do that down the road. Is a twin pump (255lph) enough? I want to build the fuel system to handle 700whp on E85. This is for the factory tank

line options.

8AN feed 6AN return should be plenty?

injectors.

I was planning on running 100lb injectors. I don't have any experience with large injectors like this. Is there anything special I need to look for when purchasing to make sure they can handle high rpm (7500-8500)
Old 02-10-2012, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you dont have a budget get id1000 injectors. They are the ****
Old 02-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Teching In

are their any other injectors I should be looking in to or are the ID1000 units the best on the market for this application?
Old 02-13-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

why does he need that large of injectors? I would think the 800 series would be fine..
Old 02-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

Lets see some pics of this car! I have a turbo 3800 bird

Anyway, Injectors there are a lot of options out there. Personally I would forgo the ID1000's for a set of low impedance injectors and a driver box. They will be cheaper and work better, a lot of people just don't like the idea of a driver box for some reason.

I would give Lonnie a call about pumps, he's the man and will set you up with whatever you need!
Old 02-13-2012, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

or call FIC injectors
Old 02-13-2012, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
why does he need that large of injectors? I would think the 800 series would be fine..
He only has 6 injectors.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Meemperor
Lets see some pics of this car! I have a turbo 3800 bird

Anyway, Injectors there are a lot of options out there. Personally I would forgo the ID1000's for a set of low impedance injectors and a driver box. They will be cheaper and work better, a lot of people just don't like the idea of a driver box for some reason.

I would give Lonnie a call about pumps, he's the man and will set you up with whatever you need!
I said if he didnt have a budget (about $100 a pop) and the injector dynamics will **** on any low impedance injectors in any aspect. Look at the spec sheets and graphs the have on there site.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

P. S. OP, you should look into a larger turbo for 700whp
Old 02-14-2012, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by IKnowtheFuture
He only has 6 injectors.
true.

I said if he didnt have a budget (about $100 a pop) and the injector dynamics will **** on any low impedance injectors in any aspect. Look at the spec sheets and graphs the have on there site.
yes hell they will. There website and data they have is what all injectors should present prior to buying...absolutely amazing.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

I know lots and lots about them. No high imp. injector will ever out perform a low impedance injector without a leap in technology of high imp. injectors. ID's are good because of data. They are just normal Bosch injectors. It's not like ID is manufacturing them.

Other companies have data out there for Low Imp. injectors as well. A lot of people prefer getting their injectors with a pre-set tune as well because it takes a lot less time fine tuning a vehicle when you already have injector tables or they do not have the knowledge or ability to create their own tables.

Injector to injector a low is always better. (faster)

But believe what you will, I came in more because I was interested to see another turbo 6 F-body.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just sayin...

"What makes these injectors special?

High impedance, do not require resistor box or inline resistors.
High pressure capability, all injectors will run comfortably at 100psi above 10v, flow will be increased by approximately 50% at 100psi
High duty cycle, with a recovery time of only 1ms, all injectors will run up to 92.5% duty cycle at 9k rpm and 95% duty cycle at 6k rpm while maintaining linearity within 1%
Excellent low pulse-width response, linearity within 2% all the way down to 2ms, predictable response down to 1.5ms.
Good atomization, Droplet size of the 1000cc injector is comparable to the Siemens Mototron 60lb injector, and is far better than the Multec 95lb, Standard Motor Products (RC) 1000cc and Siemens 72 and 83lb injectors
Excellent consistency, no sets will require more than a 1% trim
Ruler flat response, unmatched linearity means easy tuning and accurate compensations
The ID1000 was the first injector offered with full dynamic characterization providing tuners with the data they needed to do their job properly
The ID1000 was the first injector to be offered in dead time matched sets
The ID1000 was the first high impedance high flow injector available providing stock idle and drivability on engines as small as 325cc per cylinder
The ID1000 was the first injector offered with the now famous "Top Hat Adapter" making it plug and play in nearly any application"
Old 02-14-2012, 07:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Feel free to give me a call, I can build you a pump kit and/or an entire fuel system for your application if you want a turn-key setup that is guaranteed to work.

I have E85 compatible components to provide a reliable setup for your vehicle.

Quick Reply: pump and injector size for turbo V6