Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

i got spanked

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i got spanked

hey guys i lost miserably. i knew i was gonna lose but i was just stupid and curious. ive taken stock m5's, worked stangs, twin turbo 335 with 14 pounds of boost and tune(that was good. i got him 3 out of 5) 350z's, 1 ferrari 360 modena, typical ricers and more. it rained all day and towards the end of the night floor was damp and decided to go to little racing meet. uphill quarter mile. heated up the tires against a worked evo and boyyyyyy let me tell y6ou i had it coming im spinning 1st and he just left with no hesitation. smacked me in the face but caught up and lost by half car on the quarter. on the way back destroyed him on the roll and then he gave me the jump. taking the jump we were neck and neck during gear changes to 2nd. the rest is history. all other cars i usually run highway from 30-140. since i have the stock gears it goes quick but id like way shorter gears without sacrificing gas mileage since my bird is a daily sometimes over 1000 miles a week. she hangs in there i love her to death. and still after she dies she will get another heart mauhahahhahahah
Old 02-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just reread that post 3 times trying to figure out what you were trying to say. What I gotta say is: lay off the cocaine buddy, you are taking WAYY to much.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Wtf bbq?
Old 02-22-2012, 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Was there a race hidden in that mess?
Old 02-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

By definition, any two atoms with an identical number of protons in their nuclei belong to the same chemical element. Atoms with equal numbers of protons but a different number of neutrons are different isotopes of the same element. For example, all hydrogen atoms admit exactly one proton, but isotopes exist with no neutrons (hydrogen-1, by far the most common form,[66] also called protium), one neutron (deuterium), two neutrons (tritium) and more than two neutrons. The known elements form a set of atomic numbers, from the single proton element hydrogen up to the 118-proton element ununoctium.[67] All known isotopes of elements with atomic numbers greater than 82 are radioactive.[68][69]
About 339 nuclides occur naturally on Earth,[70] of which 255 (about 75%) have not been observed to decay, and are referred to as "stable isotopes". However, only 90 of these nuclides are stable to all decay, even in theory. Another 165 (bringing the total to 255) have not been observed to decay, even though in theory it is energetically possible. These are also formally classified as "stable". An additional 33 radioactive nuclides have half-lives longer than 80 million years, and are long-lived enough to be present from the birth of the solar system. This collection of 288 nuclides are known as primordial nuclides. Finally, an additional 51 short-lived nuclides are known to occur naturally, as daughter products of primordial nuclide decay (such as radium from uranium), or else as products of natural energetic processes on Earth, such as cosmic ray bombardment (for example, carbon-14).[71][note 2]
For 80 of the chemical elements, at least one stable isotope exists. As a rule, there is only a handful of stable isotopes for each of these elements, the average being 3.2 stable isotopes per element. Twenty-six elements have only a single stable isotope, while the largest number of stable isotopes observed for any element is ten, for the element tin. Elements 43, 61, and all elements numbered 83 or higher have no stable isotopes.[72][page needed]
Stability of isotopes is affected by the ratio of protons to neutrons, and also by the presence of certain "magic numbers" of neutrons or protons that represent closed and filled quantum shells. These quantum shells correspond to a set of energy levels within the shell model of the nucleus; filled shells, such as the filled shell of 50 protons for tin, confers unusual stability on the nuclide. Of the 255 known stable nuclides, only four have both an odd number of protons and odd number of neutrons: hydrogen-2 (deuterium), lithium-6, boron-10 and nitrogen-14. Also, only four naturally occurring, radioactive odd-odd nuclides have a half-life over a billion years: potassium-40, vanadium-50, lanthanum-138 and tantalum-180m. Most odd-odd nuclei are highly unstable with respect to beta decay, because the decay products are even-even, and are therefore more strongly bound, due to nuclear pairing effects.[72][page needed]
Old 02-22-2012, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
By definition, any two atoms with an identical number of protons in their nuclei belong to the same chemical element. Atoms with equal numbers of protons but a different number of neutrons are different isotopes of the same element. For example, all hydrogen atoms admit exactly one proton, but isotopes exist with no neutrons (hydrogen-1, by far the most common form,[66] also called protium), one neutron (deuterium), two neutrons (tritium) and more than two neutrons. The known elements form a set of atomic numbers, from the single proton element hydrogen up to the 118-proton element ununoctium.[67] All known isotopes of elements with atomic numbers greater than 82 are radioactive.[68][69]
About 339 nuclides occur naturally on Earth,[70] of which 255 (about 75%) have not been observed to decay, and are referred to as "stable isotopes". However, only 90 of these nuclides are stable to all decay, even in theory. Another 165 (bringing the total to 255) have not been observed to decay, even though in theory it is energetically possible. These are also formally classified as "stable". An additional 33 radioactive nuclides have half-lives longer than 80 million years, and are long-lived enough to be present from the birth of the solar system. This collection of 288 nuclides are known as primordial nuclides. Finally, an additional 51 short-lived nuclides are known to occur naturally, as daughter products of primordial nuclide decay (such as radium from uranium), or else as products of natural energetic processes on Earth, such as cosmic ray bombardment (for example, carbon-14).[71][note 2]
For 80 of the chemical elements, at least one stable isotope exists. As a rule, there is only a handful of stable isotopes for each of these elements, the average being 3.2 stable isotopes per element. Twenty-six elements have only a single stable isotope, while the largest number of stable isotopes observed for any element is ten, for the element tin. Elements 43, 61, and all elements numbered 83 or higher have no stable isotopes.[72][page needed]
Stability of isotopes is affected by the ratio of protons to neutrons, and also by the presence of certain "magic numbers" of neutrons or protons that represent closed and filled quantum shells. These quantum shells correspond to a set of energy levels within the shell model of the nucleus; filled shells, such as the filled shell of 50 protons for tin, confers unusual stability on the nuclide. Of the 255 known stable nuclides, only four have both an odd number of protons and odd number of neutrons: hydrogen-2 (deuterium), lithium-6, boron-10 and nitrogen-14. Also, only four naturally occurring, radioactive odd-odd nuclides have a half-life over a billion years: potassium-40, vanadium-50, lanthanum-138 and tantalum-180m. Most odd-odd nuclei are highly unstable with respect to beta decay, because the decay products are even-even, and are therefore more strongly bound, due to nuclear pairing effects.[72][page needed]
Old 02-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Cool story ^^^^^
Old 02-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 02-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
just reread that post 3 times trying to figure out what you were trying to say. What I gotta say is: lay off the cocaine buddy, you are taking WAYY to much.
yeah, i should reread my threads. even i had a hard time reading it right now.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GTOSE
I love that dude. Apparently thats why UFO's are so quick. Even the little green men juice their ****.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:55 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There you see why copy&paste isn't always the answer.
You forgot the elements of Harmony