Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

98-02 Camaro Projector Retro in Stock Style Housings - Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 11:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98-02 Camaro Projector Retro in Stock Style Housings - Coming Soon

Just a quick pic of a retro we are finalizing and installing in a customer car in the next few weeks. The picture below shows a DEPO housing with a Morimoto MH1 projector and Mini-Gatling Gun shroud. We may decide to paint the shroud or leave it as is for the initial install.

When we are setup, we will offer the complete housing retrofit service with or without a HID kit. These housings are priced very well and the labor to perform the retro will also be cost effective. Other projectors are being test fit as well to determine if other options will be offered.

Excuse the lackluster pic. It's late at night and I took this home from the shop to mess with it some more.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice! Thanks for working on these!
Old 02-23-2012, 01:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rough estimate on the price?
Old 02-23-2012, 01:58 AM
TECH Veteran

If I sent you my current lights, which are in flawless condition could you just do the labor? This is very cool, but I'm not really wanting to by new headlamps.. Plus I like my lenses b/c they don't have the large depo print in the center
Old 02-23-2012, 02:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Subscribed. If we can send lights in to have the labor done... I just bought a pair of depos a month or two ago haha
Old 02-23-2012, 03:11 AM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that looks great. I can't wait to see the installed pics and the price info.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys are running out of headlights to make awesome
Old 02-23-2012, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Hey those look great. I don't know if you'd thought about it or not but you can easily fit two projectors in each housing. That way you don't have the high beam bucket with a halogen and the lows with a bixenon projector that can easily wash out the high beams output. Here is a pic on my car, it was a super easy install.

Just a thought
Jess
Old 02-23-2012, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts

price?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

interested in pricing as well.

I dunno the 2 projectors per housing sorta gives the car the crazy eye if that makes any sense.

if I did something like this I'd want it low key. I wouldn't even bother but the stock headlights in these cars are terrible.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow id definitely be interested in this. Ive been looking for a quality projector without all the extra leds and angel eyes for a while now. I Would have made it myself but i didnt want to waste all that money if it came out like crap.

I vote for the shroud being black....I think it stands out too much in a mirror finish.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 78_elky
Hey those look great. I don't know if you'd thought about it or not but you can easily fit two projectors in each housing. That way you don't have the high beam bucket with a halogen and the lows with a bixenon projector that can easily wash out the high beams output. Here is a pic on my car, it was a super easy install.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...15388083_n.jpg
Just a thought
Jess
I was actually thinking about this on the way home.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:59 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by lemons12
Rough estimate on the price?
Estimating right around $349 for a set of DEPO housings, projectors, shrouds and retrofit work. More for lamps, HID kit, wiring, etc. Shipping will be around $25.

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
If I sent you my current lights, which are in flawless condition could you just do the labor? This is very cool, but I'm not really wanting to by new headlamps.. Plus I like my lenses b/c they don't have the large depo print in the center
If they are perfect then we can look to offer this service.

Just a thought
Jess
Dual projectors could be done at an additional cost so its not out of the question.

Originally Posted by cancam99ss
price?
See above.

Originally Posted by silversrtman
wow id definitely be interested in this. Ive been looking for a quality projector without all the extra leds and angel eyes for a while now. I Would have made it myself but i didnt want to waste all that money if it came out like crap.

I vote for the shroud being black....I think it stands out too much in a mirror finish.
We will likely black out the entire housing including the shroud for the first installation. The chrome sticks out a bit.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:10 PM
TECH Resident

Just a thought
Jess
Wow those look nice man, nicely done! I considered doing hi-beam projectors on my retrofit but opted not to...

BLS,
I think they will look better black...and leave the shroud chrome. Honestly, I'd look into using a different shroud, and maybe even a different projector. Those look unnatural in there. It's cool that you're tackling this project but I have done a few retrofits myself and those just look kind of odd. Not trying to offend at all though. That's my two cents. Again, I know you've seen mine, but I've yet to see any that look better than mine do. And I promise I am not being biased! Just giving you an after action review, not a critique. Here they are again.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by UnVMySS
Wow those look nice man, nicely done! I considered doing hi-beam projectors on my retrofit but opted not to...

BLS,
I think they will look better black...and leave the shroud chrome. Honestly, I'd look into using a different shroud, and maybe even a different projector. Those look unnatural in there. It's cool that you're tackling this project but I have done a few retrofits myself and those just look kind of odd. Not trying to offend at all though. That's my two cents. Again, I know you've seen mine, but I've yet to see any that look better than mine do. And I promise I am not being biased! Just giving you an after action review, not a critique. Here they are again.
Those look very nice and no offense taken. Some may not like the chrome accents though. The first set will be going on a local customers car. He wants everything gloss black inside, including the shroud. I think the chrome just stands out but we will see how it turns out. There are so many options out there for the 98-02 housings so everything will have a different taste. We won't be covering all of the various iterations but looking to provide a reliable offering for those interested.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just a thought
Jess
I like! What projectors did you use there, and what shrouds? Did you take any pics of the "in progress" stage?
Old 02-23-2012, 08:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Even though I don't own a Camaro, I always thought the aftermarket projector housings looked a little weird. Like someone else said it gave it a crazy eye look.

But those look great
Old 02-23-2012, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Will these be available with projectors designed for HID? I am not looking for cool looks but for better vision at night.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That's the whole point of them
Old 02-23-2012, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
I like! What projectors did you use there, and what shrouds? Did you take any pics of the "in progress" stage?
I don't want to hijack the thread just PM me and I have a thread over on HIDplanet with all the pics and stuff. I used the same parts as BLS did.
Jess

Quick Reply: 98-02 Camaro Projector Retro in Stock Style Housings - Coming Soon