56.72%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Should the Texans get Manning

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should the Texans get Manning

Just wanted to see what you guys thought about the idea if the Texans went after Manning. Any TECHINCAL reasons either from a business standpoint or football standpoint why they should or should not go after him?
Old 03-09-2012, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hiram007
Just wanted to see what you guys thought about the idea if the Texans went after Manning. Any TECHINCAL reasons either from a business standpoint or football standpoint why they should or should not go after him?
Well from a techincal standpoint he could be one injury away from his career ending at age 36, second from a non techincal stand point we can't afford him.

With that being said, if we somehow were to get him it would be amazing since he would feel all the voids of kubiak play calls (Not ******* on kubiak, just saying that manning is a genious when it comes to offensive plays on the fly).
Old 03-09-2012, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

He would relish the opportunity to play in the same division and put it on the Colts every chance he got!!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol. I just was talking to my friend about this last night. He is a Texans fan.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JetBlack98Z
Well from a techincal standpoint he could be one injury away from his career ending at age 36, second from a non techincal stand point we can't afford him.

With that being said, if we somehow were to get him it would be amazing since he would feel all the voids of kubiak play calls (Not ******* on kubiak, just saying that manning is a genious when it comes to offensive plays on the fly).
^^this.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

No way.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Teching In

the texans have about a 2 or 3 year window with the talent we have on this team considering the fact the we will have cap problems the next few years.

Matt shcaub has 1 year left on his deal. So we have to resign him next year even if we didn't bring in manning.
andre is getting old quick. foster has a good 4 to 5 year window. at 30 running backs are old. I do not believe daniels is locked up long term either.
not to mention the O line contracts. Damico looking older also.
you would be Stupid not to atleast consider the possiblilty of signing Manning
and making a run NOW!!

But it will not Happen, ego's will not allow handing over the offensive keys to the QB. and BOB M. dosn't like to rock the boat.

If healthy... Manning is head and shoulder's above "quaterback MAtt schaub Here" and if you don't see that you are drinking the juice.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Banned

Would be stupid if the texans don't at least inquire.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

no... Manning is one hit away from retiring. He would make a good QB coach though..
Old 03-09-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by battousai
no... Manning is one hit away from retiring. He would make a good QB coach though..
actually prob not i mean so far he is 2-14 as a "coach" haha.

we dont need manning, if he was in his prime and not injury prone then hell yeah pick him up. but he is getting old and has neck issues. not to mention we can not afford him. he is a hall of fame qb for sure just dont think it would be smart to pick him up not that i think it is even an option for the Texans. main thing the texans need to be worried about is:
Signing Foster (check), i think like 2 o-lineman and figuring out whats to do with mario and keeping the team in shape.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No.. Peyton manning might be 1 hit away from being done...

If i am Peyton, i am going to a team that is solid. Has a running game, WR and a good O-Line. But i wouldnt spend go after Peyton.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Banned

Peyton would put the Texans over the top in my opinion. He would have a solid Oline that could protect him and the offensive game wouldn't rely on him as much as Indy. I think hes a good quality quarterback and would benefit from coming to the Texans offense as the Texans would benefit as well.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Launching!

Just saw on nfl network that the titans want Peyton. He should def go there so he can play the colts twice and haunt them.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Launching!

Lots of good info listed in the thread. The poll seems to be pretty much 50-50 so imma tie it up and say the Texans should definitely go after Manning for the following reasons.

1. I would choose Manning at 10% over anyone name Matt at QB for Houston.
2. Leinhart is a bust, and T.J. Yates showed he is more than capable of handling the back-up QB position.
3. Schaub is in a contract year, biggest potential to free up cap space
4. Secured at RB with Foster having signed a 5yr deal
5. Andre Johnson, nuff said
6. With Foster locked up on a generous deal cap friendly deal, Super Mario is out, plenty of cap room to fill with Manning. Nobody really liked Mario Williams anyway from what I heard and certainly not to the level that people like Foster, not to mentioned we made the playoffs without him and J.J. Watt filled in quite nicely (that interception against Cinnci was just plain nasty). If we need more cap room, tell Jacobi Jones to take a hike and go fumble away some other teams playoff games at the goal line off a punt. More cap room? Go ahead and tell Kareem Jackson to go back to Alabama, when he finds his game again, he can come back to Houston........if we need him
7. #1 ranked defense in the NFL
8. A divisional rival. He would have two chances to put it to the Colts each year, how sweet is that (LeBron James anyone? Non-techincal, I know)
9. Texans Red Zone Offense ranks at the bottom of the league, that falls on Kubiak. Manning would bring that up towards the top of the league.

The most important above all is that Manning is much closer to getting back on the field than any of the QB’s for Houston. You can’t possibly believe that going with T.J. Yates until Schaub or Leinhart are good to go, as coaches like to say, “gives our team the best chance to win”. You throw everything AND the kitchen sink to get Manning, he’s an unrestricted free agent, you lose nothing to get him. If you go over the cap, oh well. You’ll make triple what you pay in luxury tax through attendance and sponsors, guaranteed.

Besides, it's been reported that the Texans have inquired about Manning so I guess that kinda answers my poll. Schaub is a very good QB, but he is not Peyton Manning. Someone mentioned that the Texans have about 3 years for a Superbowl run as currently constructed. That may be all you need if you have Manning.

Last edited by hiram007; 03-13-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:07 AM
TECH Regular

Hes going to Tennessee or Miami I would bet.... I think he should go to Arizona though... at least he would have a good target there. Manning and Larry Fitz could light it up!!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

None of it matters, the Texans don't have the cap space to sign Peyton.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

Manning should think about the Texans... all the pieces are in place for a sb run ... also I'm thinking money is not that big of an issue with manning... he always restructured his contracts in Indy so the colts could put better players around him... plus he's looking for another ring and out of all the teams going after him the texans are the closest to getting a championship
Old 03-13-2012, 12:24 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

I don't think too many of you understand football. The Texans offensive line has not been built around the kind of quarterback that Manning is. The Texans offense is closest comparable to West Coast offense and Kubiak, being that he is so conservative, likes it that way. Manning is much more "go big or go home" and has never had to share the spot light with a dominant running game seeing as though the colts designed their offense around Manning's arm.

There would simply be no chemistry. Similar to when Farve played for the Vikings.

Last edited by HTX; 03-13-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

Nope manning never had edgerrin James.. if i remember right wasn't James a DOMINANT rb in his prime with the colts?... thought so... problem was indy had no defense... I'm thinking he would love to have a rb like foster lol... anyways he is not gona sign with the texans...
Old 03-13-2012, 03:16 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Wtf? Texans just let go of Lawrence Vickers!