Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Y pipe will bolt to my QTP LTs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 06:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Y pipe will bolt to my QTP LTs?

I recently fucked my current exhaust by bottoming out on a "above ground" sewer at a car wash, and ive been meaning to build a new exhaust anyways, but now its more urgent.

So just wondering what can i do for a full system (minus headers)... i need them to bolt/connect to the QTP headers, but the drivers side header turns out to the left a bit, so im not sure if ALL LS1 headers are like that or no? need a catted y pipe and dont care much to have a muffler

anyway, if anyone can point me to a cat back system for sale or whatever pleeease do! im desperate to get this car back on the road!

Last edited by hendrixx; 03-12-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

well you could always buy a QTP catted y-pipe, but a cheaper way is the Kooks Y
Old 03-12-2012, 07:04 PM
12 Second Club

i looked on QTPs site and it doesnt look like they sell anything but cut outs now... does the kooks y fit right up?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hendrixx
i looked on QTPs site and it doesnt look like they sell anything but cut outs now... does the kooks y fit right up?
Their Y-pipes are on the website...just checked. The 3" catted Y sells for $535.00. I have their off-road Y and love it because it comes with a 4" flowmaster collector already welded in. It may hang a little low but I have never had an issue with it.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:50 AM
12 Second Club

can you show me the link? because ive even typed into google qtp y pipes, and clicked the link, and it took for ever to load and when it finally did it it was just cut outs?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

can you show me the link? because ive even typed into google qtp y pipes, and clicked the link, and it took for ever to load and when it finally did it it was just cut outs?
Simply click on the QTP link over here-------->

Then just shop by vehicle, click on exhaust and you'll see it. Check it out...
Old 03-14-2012, 11:58 AM
12 Second Club

honestly man, are you ****** with me or am i just retarded? or maybe the sites are different between US and Canada?

there is no shop by vehicle, and no options for exhaust on the site i see, only cut outs, and yes, i clicked the QTP link on the right ------>

theres nothing but cut outs for me, and they have lsx headers

oh, just called them, and they have no headers or y pipes or anything to do with exhaust other than cut outs in production right now... explains everrrything...

now can someone please tell me what catted y pipe or even ory will bolt up to my QTP LTs?
Old 03-14-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

honestly man, are you ****** with me or am i just retarded? or maybe the sites are different between US and Canada?

there is no shop by vehicle, and no options for exhaust on the site i see, only cut outs, and yes, i clicked the QTP link on the right ------>

theres nothing but cut outs for me, and they have lsx headers

oh, just called them, and they have no headers or y pipes or anything to do with exhaust other than cut outs in production right now... explains everrrything...

now can someone please tell me what catted y pipe or even ory will bolt up to my QTP LTs?
I'm not messing with you at all man...just trying to help you. I've posted the link, if it doesn't work it must be a Canada thing
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/...ls1headers.php

Both Y-pipes appear under their headers on the same page. If they're not selling Y-pipes anymore then they need to remove them from their website.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:26 AM
12 Second Club

haha, well i did in fact call them, and they dont have any in stock or theyre not in production right now...

anyways, how about this question, i know above one guy said kooks will bolt up, im interested in buying that... will the kooks y pipe i post below bolt right up to my QTP LTs? i really need an exhaust asap, so please an immediate answer is needed lol. Let me know guys, im relying on the ls1techs here to help me out! I cant go spend 600 bucks to have it not fit!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe Custom!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Teching In

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have the same question. Who's y-pipe will bolt right up to a set of QTP Long Tube headers? Beside the obvious QTP y-pipe. I really would like to get something that is stainless.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The QTP y pipe was a copy of the mufflex y pipe so the mufflex y pipe should be a direct bolt on.

Those y pipes are high though. I would just buy the flowmaster merge and then take it to a muffler shop and have one made or in my case make it myself

Quick Reply: What Y pipe will bolt to my QTP LTs?