LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

No kick down and spark retard problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No kick down and spark retard problems

Ok so replaced my knock sensor because I was getting knock retard. Long story short that's fixed but the car hasnt been downshifting and now it's pulling timing. The car is a 95 Camaro auto.

I used data master and logged what was happening and saw that my tps was only showing 85% at wot so l replaced it with a new one. But it's still showing 85% at wot and it's pulling 7* timing also.

What hell could be the problem? I'm ready pull my hair out because I don't know where to start. If anyone can help or wants to look at the datamaster file please let me know!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:56 PM
TECH Regular

anyone have any clue why my new tps is still only showing 85% at WOT?

Im still not understanding why its pulling timing again. After I replaced the knock sensor I data logged a few revs while sitting still and was not getting any timing pulled...then a few days later I data logged again while driving and its pulling timing again. Not sure why? or its normal while driving around under a load?

I think I have to seperate problems but any ideas would be great!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you look at your TB blades to make sure they are 100% open or completely horizontal, and verify at that point the TPS is at 100% or close to it?

You can look at it with a DC Voltmeter as well, it should be around a half a volt closed and close to 4.5 to 5 volts all the way open., you can also slightly elongate the holes that the fasteners go through so you can adjust this.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

voltage is only getting up to about 3.5 I think. lll have to double check the voltage.

Quick Reply: No kick down and spark retard problems