LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

ls4 turbos

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls4 turbos

other than car tuning is there any other turbos? i already have a kit i bought off line with all the piping gauges intercooler ect ect. i just need a turbo to slap it all in!! let me know thanks.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to be a Dick but if you are turboing your car and don't know any other turbos ,I would do a lot more research.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Launching!

did the kit come with a turbo manifold? thats your biggest problem...
Old 05-12-2012, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the crossover pipe would be the hardest part to mine I believe car tuning is the only company that makes one you can buy, unless you make a custom one like mine.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99slpws6
I think the crossover pipe would be the hardest part to mine I believe car tuning is the only company that makes one you can buy, unless you make a custom one like mine.
I like the idea of a custom, remote-mounted turbo back in the muffler area. If I were to go with a custom forced-induction system, that's probably how I would get there.

Anyways, I spoke with Rick Quires of STS last summer about building a kit for our LS4s. After some discussion, the topic of the size of the market came up. Basically, the thought is that there aren't a whole lot of people who would be willing to drop $5,000 into a car whose resale value isn't much more than that, especially given that they're heavy front wheel drive cars and that it's basically a (fairly expensive) requirement to upgrade the transmission to handle the power. Also, there aren't a lot of LS4s out there as compared to other engines.

That said, they did confirm that they've had customers use their parts to successfully build remote-mounted turbo systems for their LS4s.

Wes
Old 05-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

Now that I think about it, you can remote-mount turbos where the mufflers go and instead of sucking air in from under the hood, you could cut a hole in the trunk and put the (very) cold air intake right over your rear windshield, just like an NSX.. It would be a NSSX!

(forgive my bad Photoshopping skills.. besides, it's just a joke anyways..)

Wes
Old 05-15-2012, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by wesdean78
Now that I think about it, you can remote-mount turbos where the mufflers go and instead of sucking air in from under the hood, you could cut a hole in the trunk and put the (very) cold air intake right over your rear windshield, just like an NSX.. It would be a NSSX!

Wes
My regular intake is actually just like that. . .
Old 05-15-2012, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wesdean78

Wes
I think those Photoshop skills rock! Better than I could do, that's for damn sure.