Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ported LS2 vs LS6

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ported LS2 vs LS6

There has been a lot debate abt a ported LS2 vs a LS6 the only reason I'm considering a LS2 ported is cus of the snout of the LS2 90mm the real question is if a ported LS2 has the same plenum volume has the LS6 or which performs better?
Old 05-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Launching!

Im deciding which one of these topics has been beaten more.... It's between Ls2 vs Ls6 threads or the threads about HID lighting...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-manifold.html (You actually are the OP of this one too)

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...s2-intake.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ifold-ls1.html
Old 05-15-2012, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by versz
Im deciding which one of these topics has been beaten more.... It's between Ls2 vs Ls6 threads or the threads about HID lighting...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-manifold.html (You actually are the OP of this one too)

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...s2-intake.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ifold-ls1.html
I totally agree but I come here for advice and I knw that there's people out here that have dealy with bth set ups but nobody can give me a straight answer with facts and its confusing and confusing I dnt want to spend money on the wrong set up
Old 05-15-2012, 01:29 PM
12 Second Club

if you don't want to spend the money on the wrong setup get a FAST
Old 05-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls1sickandtwisted
I totally agree but I come here for advice and I knw that there's people out here that have dealy with bth set ups but nobody can give me a straight answer with facts and its confusing and confusing I dnt want to spend money on the wrong set up
understandable. But there is a sponsor I posted about in one.

The ls6 out of the box is BETTER. Hands down. Even the ls1 intake manifold is considered better than the ls2.

BUT

If your looking to get it ported somewhere then the ls2 will be better BECAUSE when you port the ls2 it smoothes out the insides very nicely so it flows much better. The ls6 cannot be taken apart but the sponsor claims he can basic port it and give you a 5rwhp gain.

I run an ls6 intake manifold just like everyone else. Mine came with it though.

Ask yourself this. "Is it really worth the hassle of getting an ls2 intake manifold just for an extra un-noticeable 5rwhp?" Its not cost effective but if every little bit counts on a budget then go for it.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

The ls6 out of the box is BETTER. Hands down. Even the ls1 intake manifold is considered better than the ls2.

BUT

If your looking to get it ported somewhere then the ls2 will be better BECAUSE when you port the ls2 it smoothes out the insides very nicely so it flows much better. The ls6 cannot be taken apart but the sponsor claims he can basic port it and give you a 5rwhp gain.

Ask yourself this. "Is it really worth the hassle of getting an ls2 intake manifold just for an extra un-noticeable 5rwhp?" Its not cost effective but if every little bit counts on a budget then go for it.
What sponsor is that?
Old 05-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

BUT

^ that makes sense.

Who's going to port the LS2 if you get one of those? and what would it cost?
Safe to assume you have an LS1 intake right now?
Old 05-15-2012, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I havent seen a "ported" OEM intake make anymore power, in fact everything I have seen loses power....

Id go LS6!

Last edited by SweetS10V8; 05-15-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

heres a question. who is running a ported or stock ls2 manifold as an upgrade and how much did they gain?

Quick Reply: Ported LS2 vs LS6