Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p0332 code help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default p0332 code help

hey alll....ive been having a problem with my 99 t/a..mods in sig.....

itll set a p0332 code..sensor 2 knock sensor low input. i replaced the sensor, but still had the same reults and the light come back on. i tried re-pinning the ecm connector for that one circuit. same problem persists...i then used a jumper harness from the pcm(i cut the wire about 5 inches from the connector) and ran that to the other side of the connector that plugs the knock sensors in, ridding the whole circuit, and creating a new. SAME PROBLEM....i then tried a new harness for the knock sensors..same problem...ive pretty much ruled out all of the wiring, the sensor it self, only thing left is the pcm.

ive been searching on google about this problem, and ive read that fouled spark plugs can cause this concern, because they will mess with engine timing. Anyone have any insight on the situation, and think maybe i just need to do plugs now?

thanks in advance tech!
Old 05-26-2012, 06:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you swap the inputs as in sensor 1 with 2? Being you seam to have eliminated wiring and sensor then you have position and pcm. Anything that effects one is not effecting the other.?
Old 05-26-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sicksspeed
Can you swap the inputs as in sensor 1 with 2? Being you seam to have eliminated wiring and sensor then you have position and pcm. Anything that effects one is not effecting the other.?
did that, and now i get a 332, and a 327 for the front sensor..
Old 05-28-2012, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

bump.

ive also heard of a couple guys throwin new sparkplugs in and that resolved their issue with the knck sensor, im gonna give that a try...
Old 05-29-2012, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

t.t.t.

hooked up a multimeter with it set on ac voltage, disconnected the connector at the pcm, and knocked on the motor with a heavy duty ratchet, and the multimeter was reading ac voltage as specified. which is another way to test the sensor and circuit. thinking i may have a bad pcm as well?
Old 06-02-2012, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bumpage..hope this will help ppl in the future..i think i found the problem and resolved it!

first, i swaped knock sensor wires at the pcm, i then got a p0327 code for bank one knock sensor low input, i also got a p0332 for bank 2 low input as well. before i only had an issue with one bank. so i swapped the wires back, and only p0332 is showing up. ok....so i put a new sensor in, and even rewired the circuit, and put a new terminal in the connector at the pcm. test drove the car, p0332 comes back. tried swapping the pcm with another known good one, p0332 comes back. so at this point, ive changed EVERYTHING.

...im kind of embarased..but i think ive figured it out...so i went under the car today to change the oil and look it over, and i bang my fist aginst the exhaust and it clanks aginst the engine. theres my phantom knock that only bank 2 sensor was picking up. readjust the exhaust and tighten the clamps that vibrated loose..scanned it, checked codes..p0332 never came back after a 5 mile drive, and it used to pop up within the first 1/4 mile....i can now rest!
Old 07-21-2013, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by JaYZeig
bumpage..hope this will help ppl in the future..i think i found the problem and resolved it!

first, i swaped knock sensor wires at the pcm, i then got a p0327 code for bank one knock sensor low input, i also got a p0332 for bank 2 low input as well. before i only had an issue with one bank. so i swapped the wires back, and only p0332 is showing up. ok....so i put a new sensor in, and even rewired the circuit, and put a new terminal in the connector at the pcm. test drove the car, p0332 comes back. tried swapping the pcm with another known good one, p0332 comes back. so at this point, ive changed EVERYTHING.

...im kind of embarased..but i think ive figured it out...so i went under the car today to change the oil and look it over, and i bang my fist aginst the exhaust and it clanks aginst the engine. theres my phantom knock that only bank 2 sensor was picking up. readjust the exhaust and tighten the clamps that vibrated loose..scanned it, checked codes..p0332 never came back after a 5 mile drive, and it used to pop up within the first 1/4 mile....i can now rest!
Thanks I will check the exhaust.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Teching In

Default Update?

Hello!

Thanks for the info. Seems chasing down this p0332 is a bear!

Can you advise if the code ever came back or if it was, indeed, the exhaust?

I prefer not to chase an invisible rabbit if I don't need to

Thanks!

James
Old 04-17-2018, 09:02 PM
Teching In

My exhaust is doing the same. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: p0332 code help