Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Need a Short block

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a Short block

Hey guys well I went ahead n took my block to the machine shop for a resleeve turns out its crack n worthless. So I'm looking for a new shortblock (since I have everything else) where do you guys recommend I get one. I'm just looking for a stock rebuild one. Found a Shwanke shortblock for $1350 anyone have any experience with those? Thanx in advance
Old 06-09-2012, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have used Schwanke engines and or short blocks in our road race cars with excellent results. They are prevalent in the Crane Cams V8 StockCar Series in the GTA class.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thompson motorsports out of TX
Old 06-11-2012, 09:54 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let us know what you're looking for and we'll see what we can do for you! We might not be the least expensive, but I feel 100% confident in saying you will not buy a BETTER short-block elsewhere.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 06-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

iron 6.0L bored 4.030"
Compstar or Manley crank - 4"
forged rods and pistons

408ci stroker.....

Mine will get done for about $2,700 with gaskets and seals.....ready to install. And it'll take 1,000+ RWHP.

Thats cheap.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Hawk#C012
Hey guys well I went ahead n took my block to the machine shop for a resleeve turns out its crack n worthless. So I'm looking for a new shortblock (since I have everything else) where do you guys recommend I get one. I'm just looking for a stock rebuild one. Found a Shwanke shortblock for $1350 anyone have any experience with those? Thanx in advance
We can get you into an iron LS1 for as little as $1519 or aluminum updated LS6 style block for $1799. Feel free to give us a call if we can help you in any way.
Thank you,
Thompson Motorsports
972-853-0518
Old 06-13-2012, 06:12 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Hawk#C012
I'll sell you my whole LS1 minus pan for $1500. Runs great. TRex cam, 42lb injectors
Old 06-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Let us know what you're looking for and we'll see what we can do for you! We might not be the least expensive, but I feel 100% confident in saying you will not buy a BETTER short-block elsewhere.

Where did you go to school to learn how to build engines?
Old 06-15-2012, 11:08 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Most of our machinists graduated from the School of Automotive Machinists (SAM). What shop do you work for?

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
Old 06-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Not them you? You say that you wont find a better short block anywhere but yet you've only been building them for a year and I was wondering where you got your education from in engine building theory and techinique.. not a couple of your workers.
I dont work for anyone ... just have a little bit of knowledge from experience and turning a wrench for a long time.. yes I know you sold engines you had built elsewhere for a while but what makes you an expert and better builder than people with say 20 years more experience.. Has a TSP engine ever won the Engine Masters competition?
Old 06-15-2012, 11:50 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Our machinists have been building LSx engines since the early 2000's at other shops as well. We didn't hire kids off the McDonalds assembly line to do our work.

You remind me of someone else....from Oregon that is banned from this forum. Let's see your credentials....Chris.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

^ things just got real. Yeah lets see them!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

did a salesman just ask to see someone's engine building credentials?
Old 06-21-2012, 05:48 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Krom
did a salesman just ask to see someone's engine building credentials?
No, a salesman just asked to see an internet troll's credentials. He asked for ours machinists' backgrounds, and I obliged. I am just asking for the same in return.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

No, a salesman just asked to see an internet troll's credentials. He asked for ours machinists' backgrounds, and I obliged. I am just asking for the same in return.
when you come into an online forum and make claims like:

I feel 100% confident in saying you will not buy a BETTER short-block elsewhere.
You damn well better expect to be asked to prove your statements, and show your credentials.....

I don't know any of the guys in this thread and haven't bought parts from any of you, but IMHO you and your statements are making your employer look bad.

Opinions are like ******** so take it for what its worth.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:44 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We can provide the credentials of any and all of our machinists and techs! That is not a problem. We have the right machines and the right people running them to make that statement. I asked him for his and have not seen anything and have received numerous PM's from moderators stating his IP address matches that of a known banned member here who just starts crap and runs his mouth without any machining experience to back it up.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

ERL or HKE.

Quick Reply: Need a Short block