11 Second Club - Results with new Circle D converter

98TADRIVER
06-15-2012, 09:39 PM
I went a lil bigger with my converter

The results exceeded my expectations. This isn't my fastest pass ever, but I did get a new best 60' According to Dragtimes, the DA was +250' at the time of pass. I'm happy as hell and can't wait to make some passes this fall/winter :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of1CPq_mGnA&feature=g-all-c

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd186/98tadriv/1128slipfromjune2012.jpg

edub80
06-15-2012, 09:56 PM
What size circle d converter? How much power are u making?

98TADRIVER
06-17-2012, 12:06 AM
4000-4200

before the ewp and upgraded headers and off road x pipe, 358/378 to the wheels SAE corrected, thru a locked converter. raceweight was 3260

Circle-D
06-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Very nice.....

Chris

Mac 2002 SS
06-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Very nice.....

Chris

I agree ... Very nice run !

BAMALS1
06-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Congrat's that thing hauls for a bolt on car!

98TADRIVER
06-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks Guys :) I'll be sure to post up more vids as I go. That night was probably the best night to run for this time of year. I'll most likely have to wait until october/november to come close to my 11.0 pass from december of last year

DeltaElite121
06-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Sure makes me feel better about my recent drop with Chris on my torque converter (not that I had any doubt with him to begin with).

You've got me excited now, haha.

Joe Spinners
06-19-2012, 07:48 PM
awesome! great run! i also have the same size converter and noticed that it works best being stalled around 3500. sadly, the 10-bolt couldnt take it lol

98TADRIVER
06-19-2012, 09:38 PM
awesome! great run! i also have the same size converter and noticed that it works best being stalled around 3500. sadly, the 10-bolt couldnt take it lol

awe damn lol. how many passes did you have on the ol' 10bolt before that converter? I'm going to look into getting an ECS torque tamer, hardened output shafts, and maybe safety loops for my axles before the end of this year, just to be safe

Joe Spinners
06-20-2012, 08:24 PM
awe damn lol. how many passes did you have on the ol' 10bolt before that converter? I'm going to look into getting an ECS torque tamer, hardened output shafts, and maybe safety loops for my axles before the end of this year, just to be safe

I had actually made multiple 12.0 passes with 1.7X 60fts. I was trying to flash it like I would when I had other converters, but never did any better until I ran it at SAR and someone came up to me to bs and told me that he used to run a Circle-D verter. "Stall it around 3500" he said lol. Sure enough, I blew the 10 bolt that next pass! But I did have that "Holy SXXT" reaction for the split second, but I'm just waiting on the mwc 9" I ordered to run again.

SAPS
06-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Gotta luv the internet...

It's the only place where a stock internal LS1, full weight, automatic can trap over 120 not going downhill!!!

C'Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

96lt1m6
06-23-2012, 02:46 AM
that's a sweet pass for sure... love that DA:hump:

sabersaw30
06-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Wow awesome 60ft.Throw u Small cam In and it would be a perfect reliable 10 second street car (probably be good on gas too ha ha)Nothing like getting the right torque converter for your combination.Congrats.

98TADRIVER
06-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the compliments fellas! :)

It's the only place where a stock internal LS1, full weight, automatic can trap over 120 not going downhill!!!

C'Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

I'm not sure how to take this, seeing it's the internet and one cannot detect emotion or context.

Assuming that you're calling "BS," Let me say this- It [running the times and mph that ive accomplished] isnt really not as unbelievable as you think. Everybody tends to put a cap on certain cars times/mph. Before you say anything more, how about you take a look at the stock internal lists for C5's and Fbodies, as they all use the same engines and for the most part, the same transmissions. Capthuff has trapped 119+ with his 6speed C5 and dragman has trapped 119.9mph with his automatic C5. Fbodies on that list have trapped over 120. My car is lighter than dragman's car and I run at 33' above sea level as well. :D What are you going to say when I run 10's this year with bolt ons and trap 122mph? :lol: One more thing, when the time comes to put a cam in my car, I'll be sure to take video/pics of the stock cam removal. Since i would have to pull the heads to put the lifters in, ill take video/pics of them too

Demonicbird00
06-24-2012, 08:07 PM
he must be a h/c/i car running mid 11s and is upset that your SI car is quicker and faster lol

-brandon

98TADRIVER
06-24-2012, 10:17 PM
he must be a h/c/i car running mid 11s and is upset that your SI car is quicker and faster lol

-brandon

I'm thinking that too :cry:

LS1LT1
06-26-2012, 05:06 AM
Good job Ron, you're on the right path to meeting your goals. :cheers:

C'MooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonBeing on the internet has nothing to do with it. Even if he didn't post on the internet about it the car still would've run those numbers LOL. :D
And it wasn't exactly 'full weight' either, he does have skinnies and the passenger seat out, although he does have a roll bar in there as well.
You're not all that far away if you want to come out and see it happen again in person come October/November.
If you're shocked by his 119+mph, I can't imagine what you'll say in 5-6 months when it'll have the potential to run over 122+mph as it dips into the high 10s . :D

shortdog
06-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Stock internal list (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results/1032185-quickest-stock-internals-list-11-74-bump.html).. Lightweight vehicle + big efficient stall + Atco (good weather) = great ETs/mph.

Good pass. Your times are believable considering the conditions.

98TADRIVER
06-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Stock internal list (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results/1032185-quickest-stock-internals-list-11-74-bump.html).. Lightweight vehicle + big efficient stall + Atco (good weather) = great ETs/mph. Good pass. Your times are believable considering the conditions.

thanks man. for some reason, when i click that link, it shows the older list lol

heres the up to date link http://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results/1129010-quickest-stock-internals-list-11-74-bump.html

Good job Ron, you're on the right path to meeting your goals. :cheers:

Being on the internet has nothing to do with it. Even if he didn't post on the internet about it the car still would've run those numbers LOL. :D
And it wasn't exactly 'full weight' either, he does have skinnies and the passenger seat out, although he does have a roll bar in there as well.
You're not all that far away if you want to come out and see it happen again in person come October/November.
If you're shocked by his 119+mph, I can't imagine what you'll say in 5-6 months when it'll have the potential to run over 122+mph as it dips into the high 10s . :D

Thanks Marc!

shortdog
06-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Oops, I didn't realize there are two different lists. I linked the one in the "fastest list" from the stickies.

SAPS
06-26-2012, 07:10 PM
thanks man. for some reason, when i click that link, it shows the older list lol

heres the up to date link http://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results/1129010-quickest-stock-internals-list-11-74-bump.html

Thanks Marc!

Ever hear of guys called Galileo, Newton & Einstein? Well they created laws we refer to as physics which govern mass and energy. Ironically, these laws apply to just about everything but a lucky few. :D

I have no doubt the car runs the times you indicate. However, based on laws of physics and the power-level you're at it's just not possible to generate sufficient G's to propel that mass at that speed in 1320 feet. :eyes:

Btw, I have a bridge connecting Fort Lee, NJ to Manhattan I'm selling at a great price. Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers Fellas...

98TADRIVER
06-27-2012, 04:33 AM
Ever hear of guys called Galileo, Newton & Einstein? Well they created laws we refer to as physics which govern mass and energy. Ironically, these laws apply to just about everything but a lucky few. :D

I have no doubt the car runs the times you indicate. However, based on laws of physics and the power-level you're at it's just not possible to generate sufficient G's to propel that mass at that speed in 1320 feet. :eyes:

Btw, I have a bridge connecting Fort Lee, NJ to Manhattan I'm selling at a great price. Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers Fellas...

Here we go with the physics class. Yes, I'm very aware of who they were. You cannot always apply their rules to drag racing though. There are more factors than just mass and simple acceleration. The car will leave alot harder depending how it's set up. It will launch considerably harder with a stall converter compared to a stock converter, gearing, Density Altitude, etc. Have you viewed the stock internals list yet? Have you ever heard of something Called Density Altitude? Sounds like you need more experience in the racing field my friend.

before you go on, check this list. Are you saying everyone on this list is a liar bc of something you googled about Newton's & Einstein's laws?

http://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results/1129010-quickest-stock-internals-list-11-74-bump.html

green28
07-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Nice times and great 60', makes me want to pull some weight and get some skinnies and see how far I can go S.I. I'll never touch your times, but love seeing stock internal cars run a good number.

Mike Morris
07-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Nice job
Have same converter. Cant wait to try it out when it cools down now with heads..

98TADRIVER
07-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Nice job
Have same converter. Cant wait to try it out when it cools down now with heads..

you will not be disappointed

senicalj4579
07-17-2012, 01:28 PM
nice #s!

Kingc8r
07-17-2012, 01:47 PM
nice #s!

+1

I'm sure plenty are mad that you run faster than their cam only or h/c/i/e cars. Hell if mine doesn't run faster ill be one of them lol

DadsZ28
07-17-2012, 06:59 PM
He's a freak! I gotta put some heads on to keep up with his ass now!:D We have had some good races in the past but he is running away from me now....damn vettes.

98TADRIVER
07-21-2012, 09:50 AM
+1

I'm sure plenty are mad that you run faster than their cam only or h/c/i/e cars. Hell if mine doesn't run faster ill be one of them lol

lol well please dont try to give me a physics/astronomy lesson like that other fella haha.

He's a freak! I gotta put some heads on to keep up with his ass now!:D We have had some good races in the past but he is running away from me now....damn vettes.

Yeah I was going to say, we were pretty close when we ran against each other back in Nov 2011. Get a converter similar to mine greg :D

senicalj4579
07-22-2012, 11:05 AM
+1

LOL just saw this!
But we all know da has alot to do with how good times are at the track. My 2 11.9 passes were in -187 da. Maybe could of pulled off 11.7s if we had the typical -1000 da for around here but didnt. Oh well im just glad the car broke 11s stock internal.

Now the really good news is its time to test out my new h c i 3.73 setup :D

OP I want the da you had when almost 10s!

DadsZ28
07-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Get a converter similar to mine greg :D[/QUOTE]

Ya think I'll pick up some et with that converter over the vig?

Kingc8r
07-22-2012, 07:13 PM
LOL just saw this!
But we all know da has alot to do with how good times are at the track. My 2 11.9 passes were in -187 da. Maybe could of pulled off 11.7s if we had the typical -1000 da for around here but didnt. Oh well im just glad the car broke 11s stock internal.

Now the really good news is its time to test out my new h c i 3.73 setup :D

OP I want the da you had when almost 10s!

Oh I know all too well how much DA plays a role in track times. We get decent DA here in the Bay Area. Hopefully I can have my car running well once Nov hits to get my best times.

Then I'm going to restall my SS3600 to a SS4000 or a PT 4000....

senicalj4579
07-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Oh I know all too well how much DA plays a role in track times. We get decent DA here in the Bay Area. Hopefully I can have my car running well once Nov hits to get my best times.

Then I'm going to restall my SS3600 to a SS4000 or a PT 4000....

Yea get that car running for nov man :cheers:

I wanted a pt4000 for my first stall but was scared of it on the street. Right now im glad I did the ss3600. Im trying to get used to the new h c i 3.73 setup on my car and wow its unreal. Cant imagine having a 4k converter right now lol

Kingc8r
07-22-2012, 10:24 PM
Yea the pinion gear ate a tooth on my 3.73s & I put another 10 bolt in but it has 2.73s (fail). I don't know if I should do a 3.73 swap or buy a 12 bolt.

I look forward to seeing your track times. Your car runs hard.

98TADRIVER
07-24-2012, 02:20 AM
Get a converter similar to mine greg :D

Ya think I'll pick up some et with that converter over the vig?[/QUOTE]

even though our cars arent identical in weight, etc. The nature of the beasts are similar with the LS1 and auto trans. i managed to drop over 1 tenth off my 60' and over 2 tenths off my 1/4mile going from a 3400 to a 4000-4200 converter. Come out to a CI meet sometime and I'll let you see how the car drives with it :)

Lucas1351
08-03-2012, 11:44 PM
sweet ron! i cant wait to see what itll do come late fall/winter. im a huge Circle D fan as well. my 3400 stall is perfect for my set-up. thanks chris

btw, wheres my thanks in the vid for pickin up ur fluid and driving across the state to help swap the converter? lol jk

reeperz28
08-23-2012, 10:44 PM

I have no doubt the car runs the times you indicate. However, based on laws of physics and the power-level you're at it's just not possible to generate sufficient G's to propel that mass at that speed in 1320 feeit. :eyes:

Cheers Fellas...

They also said it was impossible to do a backflip on a dirtbike.... Tell Travis pastrana he's not supposed be doing double back flips on a dirt bike in competition at the x- games.