Old 06-26-2012, 07:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What valve springs

Will lunati 660 lift springs work with a 605 lift cam
Old 06-26-2012, 10:17 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What heads (or more specifically what valves) will you be running? Also what rockers? Those are two more very important items to consider when choosing a spring kit!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing against any other site sponsor but this guy is specializing in valve train components these days and if I were in the market it's who I'd go to.

http://www.briantooleyracing.com/
Old 06-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Staging Lane

Default heads

ferrea valves, 5.3 heads
Old 06-27-2012, 09:45 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Assuming you're running the stock GM rockers, with a standard 2.00" or 2.02" solid stainless Ferrea valve and assuming a lobe similar to the XER family I'd go with the PRC .650" lift dual spring kit. It includes spring seats/locators, viton valve seals, the springs, and very lightweight titanium retainers for $299.99.

http://www.texas-speed.com/p-474-pre...pring-kit.aspx

Let us know if we can help!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:39 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually that is a little bit offensive. I would easily put our spring kit against any competitors at any price point. The PRC spring kits we offer has tons of R&D & development time invested in it. It was thanks to spintron data & durability testing that we developed the PRC .650" & .675" springs to replace the gold or gold/silver springs that everybody sells & has been selling for nearly 10 years.

Everything makes advances especially in nearly 10 years. I'm very proud of the PRC line of springs & how they have a longer spring life & maintain desired pressures far longer than the competitors valve springs.

If we never advance past 10 year old technologies we'd all be still running XE lobes, hypertech programmers, and throttle body bypass kits!

We are in the proccess of adding a Tool Steel retainer option to our product line. I think you'll find most current LS1 steel retainers are 4140 which isn't a tool steel, but instead a alloy steel which is often used in seat bases.

I personally would run the titanium as our titanium retainers are well under 9.5 grams! The PRC retainer & locks weight is just under 12 grams!

Hang in there & we will offer the tool steel retainer option very soon. Currently we're strength testing & spintron testing to make sure our product is the best possible option for our customers.

Bottom line is I want to know how the steel retainer effects the valvetrain so our customers don't have to do the testing!!

Originally Posted by kenp
Nothing against any other site sponsor but this guy is specializing in valve train components these days and if I were in the market it's who I'd go to.

http://www.briantooleyracing.com/
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 07-02-2012, 07:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is certainly your prerogative to be defensive and manufacture a reason to take offense. I take no offense at that.

Notwithstanding that, and notwithstanding your product development, I'd still contact Brian Tooley, a site vendor, if I had a setup and I needed valve springs, unless and until there's a federal law passed that requires me to buy from someone else - and it's subsequently upheld by Chief Justice Jibber-Jabber, John Benedict Arnold Roberts.

I don't know you nor do I personally know Tooley.

You certainly deserve kudos for developing your business into a major player as a manufacturer, machine shop, and parts supplier in the GM LS style engine market, I just prefer Tooley's valve train expertise.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Explain why the would be better than the lunatti kit.

Ti should not be the reason it has been proven over and over Ti is not a must have in this app.

Tim
Old 07-02-2012, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OP has not mentioned anything about the size of the valves, type of valve (hollow? Titanium? Stainless), nor anything about the cam lobes or type of cam (solid or hyd?), or the motor its going in and intended rpm range.... Hard to accurately pick a spring without knowing some details there. Theres more to springs than just lift range. Pressures and harmonics are important factors

The PRC spring kits we offer has tons of R&D & development time invested in it. It was thanks to spintron data & durability testing that we developed the PRC .650" & .675" springs to replace the gold or gold/silver springs that everybody sells & has been selling for nearly 10 years
Just curious, is PRC manufacturing these springs themselves or having a spring manufacturer manufacture these springs just for PRC to their specifications? If the later, I would assume this means this spring is NOT available to other 3rd parties? Reason I ask is I know there are alot of springs out there made by the same ppl but marketed under different names by different vendors/shops with similar spring specs.

Quick Reply: What valve springs