Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

PIcked up OEM C6 Chrome five spokes 18x8.5 19x10

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default PIcked up OEM C6 Chrome five spokes 18x8.5 19x10

Just grabbed an oem set with tires on ebay. Question is what type of lug nut do I need? I know its 12mmx1.5 but as far as the seat type acorn conical or flat, what are they? I cant seem to find that answer with my searches.

And I already ordered the adapter spacers for the rear two.

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The seat refers the exterior design of the lugnut. The size is all that matters, 12mmX1.5 in this case. You can put on whatever you want depending on preference. Some look better on some rims than others.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

It should matter if the seat of the wheel is flat or if its indented like a conical style right? There are different types, just trying to figure out which type the oem C6 wheels have.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Launching!

I had flats on my stock rims, then I had acorn style when I got my TT2's. Didnt make a difference. The stock C6's I believe have flats, dont quote me on that.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hiram007
I had flats on my stock rims, then I had acorn style when I got my TT2's. Didnt make a difference. The stock C6's I believe have flats, dont quote me on that.
Yeah thats what I need, someone who has C6 wheels and can verify absolutely if they are conical or flat before I order my gorilla lugs.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Look at the seats on the wheel. If they are tapered, use a conical seat lug nut. If they are flat, then use flat. They are not only designed to keep the wheel pulled onto the hub, but also to keep it centered on the axle. Most flat design lug nuts have a straight shank that goes inside the holes of the wheel to center it, as well as a built in flat washer area to distribute the load. Conical seats obviously use their shape to taper fit into the wheel to center it up. Use the right stuff instead of just throwing some **** together that can damage your wheels and possibly fail and cause an accident or something like that. In my case, my wheels require conical seat nuts. I picked up some Gorilla 1/2 x 20's at a local auto parts store. They also had a few other common sizes so it shouldnt be hard to find some that will work properly.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Yes, I will use what is proper. I just wanted someone with the wheels to tell me what seat they are so I could order the lugs and have them here when the wheels arrive. I figured with all the guys here running C6 wheels someone would remember, but maybe they just haven't been in the thread yet.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cmking26
Yes, I will use what is proper. I just wanted someone with the wheels to tell me what seat they are so I could order the lugs and have them here when the wheels arrive. I figured with all the guys here running C6 wheels someone would remember, but maybe they just haven't been in the thread yet.
Right on. I just wanted to make sure that you didnt go with some of the poor advice that gets offered on here and you dont damage your rims. That whole "it doesnt matter and it is your preference" stuff is bullshit. They are designed to accept a certain type of nut. Will others "work"? Yeah. To a point. But it isnt the right way. If you were taking the car in a demolition derby then yes by all means dont worry about it. Otherwise, dont listen to half of the backwoods, shade tree mechanics on here. If it sounds sketchy, it probably is. Good score on the wheels though. Pics when you get them on.