Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

frc install

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default frc install

I was thinking this would be a snap and a quick job but im finding things to be kinda...well there isn't much room and i dont want to break these things or scratch them up.

i have cruise control and what not...is there any tricks or anything to get these topop right in? or do i just bend them up a little to get them to fit and they will be ok. Im just really worried about breaking them and i wanted to ask before i did anything more with them.
Thanks fellas
Travis
Old 04-05-2004, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

just be careful with them. They will bend alittle which you will see. There is no "easy" way to put them in, they are a bitch to put in!
Old 04-05-2004, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know where you bought yours, but there are a few places where you can buy some with cuts in the right places for an easy installation. In fairness to our sponsors I can't give you a link. Just take your time with these and they will look great.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

so they are plyable enough to manuever in there? so i just give them hell and cuss some, have a 6 pack waiting afterwards and ill be good?
these things look great though. I can't thank PontaicFan enough, the cuts look so damn clean just a great deal from Kelly.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea, you will need the beer to heal all the scratches on your hands afterwards!
Old 04-05-2004, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh they are already cut and they look great picked them up from PontiacFan off this board...they look great can't wait to actually just get time to install them
Old 04-06-2004, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

I have several permanent scars on my hands from this....

Old 04-06-2004, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

i haven't had a chance to install them yet, because i noticed the wire that goes to my WOT switch for my nitrous kit is int he way, i thought i tied it up out of the way a little better before for the FRC's evidently i routed it the wrong way. so i have to figure out a way to run that line so it doesnt get int he way of the frc on the passenger side. Dawg One, those scars are well worth it, that looks great. Thanks for the pic
Old 04-06-2004, 01:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Man! Ya should have emailed me back again! I would've shared more pointers, ...

1) The pins holding the trim in place thru the cowl section, watch out, they're sharp! Some poeple use a pair of side cutters & just snip them off, some people push them back up thru the cowl & temporarily remove them. But they will scar you hands if you don't do something with them.

2) The throttle cable support bracket that comes up off the drivers side of the manifold in the back under the cowl, remove it, or bend it down. It's hard to bend tho, so many people simply remove it.

3) Remove the retaining clips from the drivers side pack of wires that are attached to the drivers side fuel rail, & simply lower them a bit. They're not going anywhere either, you simply need to move them off the fuel rail so the cover will attach with it's clips.

4) Be careful around the two fuel line slots on the drivers side. If you get too rough with the cover/hose you can break the end off of the fuel purge valve. It's only a $17 replacement if you do tho, ..., Been there, done that, ...

5) Test fit, move or bend items slightly to gain more clearance, try again, ...

6) Yes, it may be frustrating, but there'll be justification in the end, ..., And after ya do it 2 or 3 times, you'll be a pro at it!

Old 04-06-2004, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got the passenger side no issues at all, i moved the wire to my wot switch to the nitrous kit and bingo they snapped right in absolutely no issues what so ever...the driver side is another story now. im in the middle of installing them now and this is where im stuck. i was able to get the frc in place but i couldn't get it to snap down on the driver side. do i need to take the tape off the hoses on the front?

again pontiac fan...great product, great transaction! thanks again
Travis
Old 04-06-2004, 09:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sometimes you do have to remove some of the tape. It won't hurt, the fuel lines are guarded from heat now, by the cover when it's in place.

Might have to push it back further to make sure the snaps are aligned with the pins on the coil packs.

Did ya do the wire move? And the throttle bracket removal?
Old 04-06-2004, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Take off ALL the tape on the fuel lines and separate the fuel lines. Take a razor knife and simply make a small slit to get them started then pull them apart. This will make the install of the driver's side INFINTELY easier.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 04-07-2004, 01:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

pf i didnt do any of the other mods. i just snapped the passenger side in. i've left the drivers side cause i had a choice after i posted earlier...either put on driver side frc or go get some ***...so i decided on the second so ill be installing the ds frc tomorrow morning when its light outside.

Quick Reply: frc install