Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

line pressure

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default line pressure

Where in hp tuners do I go to find the line pressure settings for my 4l65e transmission? I think the tuner raised the line pressure after my dyno session.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are a few different ways that can be done. The easiest way to figure it out is to open a stock file and compare differences. That will tell you what tables have been changed. If you don't know how then post the file and I will look at it.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:16 PM
FormerVendor

Default Tampa Tuning Camaro Corvette GTO GM Trucks performance tuning

Go to the transmission tab/ auto shift properties/ Click on shift pressure.
If I increase line pressure, I increase it 5 pounds at a time till im happy.
www.TampaTuning.com
Phil
Old 09-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks - very relevant if installing a performabuilt trans. they specify stock line pressure
Old 09-27-2012, 01:07 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is the limit on the pressure for those tables. I know it is kind of hard to answer that question cause the warmer the fluid gets the higher the pressure is.

I cant seem to get the shift firmness that I want. Does some of that have to do with the servo also?
Old 09-27-2012, 05:45 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bigtoyz
what is the limit on the pressure for those tables. I know it is kind of hard to answer that question cause the warmer the fluid gets the higher the pressure is.

I cant seem to get the shift firmness that I want. Does some of that have to do with the servo also?
No, actually, the colder the fluid is the higher the pressure is... there are tables that compensate for temperature as well. The firmness can be effected by the condition of the transmission as well - you can jack the pressure way up on a worn out trans and it won't be firm...
Old 09-27-2012, 05:46 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by gto866
Thanks - very relevant if installing a performabuilt trans. they specify stock line pressure
Yes, if you have a built transmission, or a shift kit - you should be running stock trans pressure settings.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Stock for what? GM programs different line pressures for almost every MY and vehicle. Do you think performance transmissions are built different depending on what the stock line pressures are for that particular vehicle?
Old 09-27-2012, 01:37 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Stock for what? GM programs different line pressures for almost every MY and vehicle. Do you think performance transmissions are built different depending on what the stock line pressures are for that particular vehicle?
If you compare them, stock pressures are not that much different - no, they aren't built different depending on what the stock line pressure is. The point is if you run elevated line pressures in a built trans you will break ****...
Old 09-27-2012, 04:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Then you must not look at too many different platform files. There is as much as 12 PSI difference just between 98 and 02 F-body tables in the middlre of the tables and the GM trucks can vary even more. Just between Denalis and Silverados of the same MY there can be big differences in the pressure tables. Silverado SSs and Hummers will have a lot higher stock pressures than regular trucks.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

This trans info is great. I am not a guru but if you have a rebuilt trans with the best planetaries and the beast sun shell, wont those hard parts handle a little harder shifts. That could be a dumb question. If it is, sorry.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
No, actually, the colder the fluid is the higher the pressure is... there are tables that compensate for temperature as well. The firmness can be effected by the condition of the transmission as well - you can jack the pressure way up on a worn out trans and it won't be firm...
I probably misread the table then....I'll have to look at it again. Its been while since I've tried doing anything with the firmness.

The trans is rebuilt with probably about 5k on it.....everything has been upgraded except for the servo. There was no trans kit put in it. Only thing for the valve body was the intermediate servo release check valve and was drilled out to the size per chart that came with the rebuild kit. Think is was 0.028 or something like that.

Quick Reply: line pressure