Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Somebody Scratched My D@MN CAR!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Somebody Scratched My D@MN CAR!!!!

I always park out in the boon docks to prevent this kinda crap. Had to run into the store yesterday and I parked near the door for about 5 f#cking minutes. Came out and there was a car that parked on my passenger side. He had plenty of room, I didn't think anything about it. Washed my car about 15 minutes ago and found an inch long scratch, down to the metal on the rear passenger quarter panel, along with a sizable dent (LOOKS LIKE A FU$*ING CRATER TO ME) that the scratch sits in. I hate and I mean HATE ******** who have no respect for someone elses property. I go out of my way to keep from hitting someone with the door of any car I'm driving, no matter what shape it is in.
Now, I have to find $500 dollars to pay for my insurance deductable so that some ******* can do a half-assed job fixing my car that will never be perfect again. - 2 YEARS without even a rock chip and now this glaring hole in my paint. I can't even comprehend how somebody could do this and just walk away. I'm sorry about the long rant, I'm just mad as hell (and feel like puking too) right now and had to tell somebody. Anybody got any suggestions for getting it fixed any other route??
Old 04-07-2004, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

I know how you feel man. Not too long ago I caught someone kneeing the side of my car and my buddies 00 Z trying to set of the alarm. They though it didnt hurt anything and now there are five or six good sized dents around the gas tank lid. Hope everything gets better.

Chris
Old 04-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by silver98formula
I know how you feel man. Not too long ago I caught someone kneeing the side of my car and my buddies 00 Z trying to set of the alarm. They though it didnt hurt anything and now there are five or six good sized dents around the gas tank lid. Hope everything gets better.

Chris
umm... you did do something to them didnt you?
Old 04-07-2004, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man that sucks. You're in a tough situation. I kinda know how you feel. I live on campus at my college and gotta park in tight compact spaces all the time and am always worrying about that same thing. I hope it all gets worked out, man.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the replys, just needed to vent a little. After I calmed down a little, I went back out and examined it a little closer. The more I look at this thing, the more I wonder if it wasn't on purpose. It is on the upper part of the quarter panel, where it begins to curve back in at the top. It would be hard to hit that spot with a car door, if not impossible. It almost looks like someone may have started to key it and then quit for some reason, because it appears that the scratch goes straight for about 3/4" and then goes back a fraction of an inch in the other direction, right above where the scratch appears to begin. It really doesn't matter since I don't know who did it, my car is screwed and I'm left with the bill.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

You may try the paintless dent removal then have a body shop sand and touch it up. Some good shops can do that. I have a good friend that does the paintless and touchup work and you can not tell it has ever been jacked with. I see you live in NE TX, I'll see how far they go and let you know, if you want to try that rather than 500 bucks to the ins.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

You my not need to pay 500 deducable if it happend in the parking lot when you where shopping.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

I know your pain, brother. This weekend, I had weekend drill (Navy reserves), it was a nice day, so I took my baby out for a little exercise. Well we were all leaving, wind was blowing, and an officer parked next to me, too close, and he went to get in...WHAM. His truck door got away from him, and sure enough, crease right in the RR quarter panel, right on the curve by the tailights!
Then to top it off, he was like, hey this is a company vehicle, can you just turn it into your insurance company? I am like NOOO!!!! I make sure I don't hit other peoples stuff, and I expect that same courtesy. just seems to never happen, and I too park out in the "far, far, away spot".
Now I have to try and find a good place here in Jacksonville, Fl that I trust and pray they can make it better.
Hope you get your car repaired well, and to your satisfaction.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Brandon
You may try the paintless dent removal then have a body shop sand and touch it up. Some good shops can do that. I have a good friend that does the paintless and touchup work and you can not tell it has ever been jacked with. I see you live in NE TX, I'll see how far they go and let you know, if you want to try that rather than 500 bucks to the ins.
Thanks man, let me know, I may try that. I hate to have to have that whole quarter panel repainted, it's gonna cost a small fortune I'm sure.

Last edited by CamaroSSdotcom; 04-08-2004 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:27 AM
12 Second Club

I did notice that my insurance deductable is 500 for collision and 100 for all other, non-collision. I'm gonna call them this morning and see what applies. Hopefully it will fall under the 100 deductable.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

I feel your pain last month I was at the Mall parked out in the middle of BFE not another car around for a good 40+ spaces we saw some kids in the parking lot but we did not think anything of it. I come out and a shopping cart is in my 1/4 panel a nice sized sent it looked like someone slammed the cart into the rear 1/4 a good crater and it ran from the crease to the attena. I was beyond pissed I cannot tell you how my Nextel phone survived the crash on the ground when it went flying.

After I went home I started to call a few places to get estimates on getting it fixed then I remembered a friend in our club does paintless dent removal I took it to him he said it was real bad but he thinks he could get it out. Well after 4 hours he had it all out. I got lucky other wise it was going to cost me $500 for my deductable.

Sean
Old 04-08-2004, 11:41 AM
12 Second Club

Just called my insurance agent, State Farm and they said that it would definitely not be under my 100 dollar deductable, but would either be 500 or 250 for the deductable depending on the claims adjuster. I just said that I would hold off on filing a claim until I checked on prices. I'm gonna go by a body shop on lunch and check out their prices. This sucks.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

That sucks so bad. Why do people have to be like that? Jealously is a horrible thing. Two weeks after I got my SS brand new, some idiot ran into my grille when he was parking. I always park back from the center line a good two feet. Well he thought that he would park over the center line and hit my car. Some people.....
Old 04-08-2004, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

Well, Just got back from the body shop. $467.00 to fix the scratch. I don't have much other choice. I went up there to talk to them in my truck, cause that's what I drive to work, and they said well, we may be able to do a paintless repair. I told them it was down to the metal and the guy says, "there goes that idea." I went home and drove my car back up there to get the exact estimate . Was planning on some more modding with my tax money but guess....there goes that idea (Insane Laughter) HA Ha HA Ha
Old 04-08-2004, 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn that sucks. Thats a nice chunk o' change there.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Launching!

Pictures of damages?
Old 04-08-2004, 09:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce
Pictures of damages?
No digital camera. I'll take a polaroid and see how it scans in on the scanner at work tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry to hear about what happened to you brotha. If i ever caught anyone intentionally damaging my car i sware on w/e holy being above, whether it be moral or not that person will see the inside of a hospital real fast. Most of the time its little old ladies or just general waste of feces humans who have no idea what is going on around them and thus car for nothing.

I was at a dunkin donuts once and someone parked next to me, bunch of kids. I stood NEAR they're door as they opened it to watch that nothing hit my car. Now i was about to leave when the girl jumped into the backseat and WAM hit my rear quarter panel, i was like whoa WTF!!!!! I ran up to the car and the driver knew what she did and was literally backing up and pulling away on purpose. I stood in front of the car so they couldn't leave, the guy wouldn't get out of the car and face what his gf/sister whomever did so i grabed him out of the drivers side window. Might have been harsh but don't F with my car and try to run, accident or not.

Quick Reply: Somebody Scratched My D@MN CAR!!!!