Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn...... EGR!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn...... EGR!

I went to turn my heat on before I left the house and the car threw a evap small leak code.I'm going to delete this unwanted junk when I put on the true duals and headers. For the meantime I have to get it inspected real soon, and the egr is acting stupid! Is there anyway I can still block off this crap and basically delete it with the stock manifolds still on it? I have a friend who uses hp tuning and he said it would be easy just use block off plates and he can turn off all the codes.I don't know why in the hell these 98-00 models have the egr and the 01-02's didn't have it...Anyhow I thought about just taking the small line off the little solenoid close to the ac compressor lines and blow through it and find the line that taste like gas fumes and get a cap and plug it off on the solenoid. That's the only thing I can figure out to do so I can get it inspected...Any suggestions? ?
Old 09-28-2012, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

what state are you in?
Old 09-28-2012, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

If you're in MA I literally still have all the components of the EGR sitting in my garage. I dont still have the diverter valve from the AIR pump, but basically everything else.

If you want to come get them, they're yours
Old 09-28-2012, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

There's no vacuum lines hooked up to the EGR, just the one electrical connector and the pipe connecting to the exhaust manifold and to the top of the intake. I'd just have your friend take care of the codes with HP, then after you inspection pull the stuff off once you've got the new exhaust ready to install.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make he doesn't just shut off the codes, also disable EGR usage and give a bump in timing in the areas affected by EGR as the timing on the EGR cars are lower in the cruise range and are supplanted by additional timing by an EGR table.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Teching In

I'm in NC unfortunately one of the most strict states for inspection other than CA I turned off the code with a diagnostic reader and im going to drive and shut off and start the car doing everything in sequence so by the time I get it inspected the codes will have time to not give the obd a bunch of junk...Then it's bye bye to egr and stock exhaust and hello to longtubes and true duals lol
Old 09-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Going with TSP true duals and TSP 1 7/8 longtube headers so she can actually have some lung capacity!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Then when the budget is right go with either PRC 227 fully cnc heads and cam combo or stage 2.5 ls6 heads and cam...keeping it street friendly but more of a Sunday driver. Anyone have any luck with these combos?...I was thinking 232/236 I heard the magic sticks were not to friendly on the road I was coming up with maybe something like a torquer v3...

Quick Reply: Damn...... EGR!