Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DBW gas pedal question, need some help

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DBW gas pedal question, need some help

swapping a 2003 5.3L out of a suburban into a 69 FJ40. I have the gas pedal assembly from the donor vehicle and the TAC module. The donor vehicle came with adjustable pedals and this assembly is too big to use anywhere. I need a more compact setup.

What other years or vehicles can I look for that will compatible with my TAC module?

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same vehicle but non adjustable pedel setup or just ask for pickup truck .

thay prob gave you one from a fancy suv thing. happen to me i called back and asked what could thay do . thay sent me a reg unit no charge and didnt want the old one back .

and check the threads i just bumped my modifyed dbw pedel thread up . hope it can help you .
Old 09-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sweetk30
same vehicle but non adjustable pedel setup or just ask for pickup truck .

thay prob gave you one from a fancy suv thing. happen to me i called back and asked what could thay do . thay sent me a reg unit no charge and didnt want the old one back .

and check the threads i just bumped my modifyed dbw pedel thread up . hope it can help you .
Thanks! I think a non adjustable pedal assembly would be fine, I just wasn't sure if the adjustables had a different throw and required a different TAC or what. I'll call the dealer and ask for a truck pedal.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a non adjustable pedal with my engine. I cut 6" out of the arm and bolted it to the firewall where the stock pedal was.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99VetteFRC
I got a non adjustable pedal with my engine. I cut 6" out of the arm and bolted it to the firewall where the stock pedal was.
That's my plan as well but the adjustable pedals have another arm and are longer over all that the other pedals. This thing is huge and there isn't a whole lot of real estate to begin with. I'm going to head down to a dealer and see if they have any on hand that I can compare with.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Launching!

I used the DBW pedal from an 05 Tahoe in my foxbody it stuck way out so we cut about a few inches and welded to pedal back at the desired angle....ended up killing the sensor on the pedal afterwards but replaced it and have a working set up now.

Kind of a bitch to preload with DBW on street tires IMO
Old 10-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Teching In

You probably have that big stupid plastic pedal. My '06 l33 came with that and wouldn't fit in my 80 series cruiser. I ended up getting a non adjustable pedal from psi and it along with the pedal to TAC harness from psi was plug and play. I shortened the n/a pedal and it fits great.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bakomack, what did you mean? Kind of a bitch to preload with a DBW on street tires?
Is it too touchy?
Old 10-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Launching!

Yes too touchy, I either have not enough pressure to the rear brakes or while trying to preload if I bump the throttle a hair too much the wheels start spinning on the line

Quick Reply: DBW gas pedal question, need some help