Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which fuel rail kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which fuel rail kit?

I am getting a new FAST 92 manifold and would like to upgrade the fuel rails too. Which kit would I need for a 00 SS with !Egr and !Air delete? Will I need return hoses etc.? Thanks in advance!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IMO, contact Nasty Performance, they can set you up with everything you need, an want. BTW, their Billet Block fuel Rails are top-of-the-line!
http://www.nastyperformance.com/shop...ry/fuel-parts/
Old 10-03-2012, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those Nasty fuel rails are nice, but there's no need to spend $250+ on rails when you can get some that flow just as well and look just as good for under $200. You can get the FAST rails, Holley and/or Edelbrock rails for under $200.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:17 AM
FormerVendor

Have you seen ours in person? Full 7075 billet CNC machined rail not cheap extruded aluminum stock and billet hold down blocks not cheap stamped steal pieces that might fit your injector setup?? stainless hardware and true hard coat anodizing that wont fade in one season -8 AN oring fittings...and complete install kits with all needed for your application. And not to mention the ones for his application are $200

To the original poster feel free to give us a call I can get you setup with what you need or can purchase here if you like. http://www.nastyperformance.com/shop...ck-fuel-rails/
Old 10-04-2012, 08:18 AM
FormerVendor

And your install kit to hook to your factory feed line. http://www.nastyperformance.com/shop...l-install-kit/
Old 10-06-2012, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Have you seen ours in person? Full 7075 billet CNC machined rail not cheap extruded aluminum stock and billet hold down blocks not cheap stamped steal pieces that might fit your injector setup?? stainless hardware and true hard coat anodizing that wont fade in one season -8 AN oring fittings...and complete install kits with all needed for your application. And not to mention the ones for his application are $200

To the original poster feel free to give us a call I can get you setup with what you need or can purchase here if you like. http://www.nastyperformance.com/shop...ck-fuel-rails/

I have seen them which is why I said they they are nice. No need to get defensive, I wasn't bashing your product.

$200 is a good price for all billet parts, but the only thing you have going that's better than the FAST rails are the billet brackets.

BBK rails are billet come with a crossover hose and fittings for $220, and I'm sure they flow as well as yours, and you don't need to spend another $140 for a piece of braided hose and a couple of fittings to make the rails work.

So in the end, to get your rails and get them working, the cost is actually $340.

All I'm trying to say is that there are cheaper options to achieve the same goal.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

There's plenty of good fuelrail kits available, but quality and option wise some are better than others. Imo, figure out what you're comfortable spending and the color/ look you want, then go from there. I'd also be aware that some kits only come in one color/finish, and can only have the hoses configured one way.

sepsis, I agree, "there are cheaper options to achieve the same goal", but it's good practice that you really know why it's cheaper. It's like if you buy low budget wheels an tires, you should know it's very possible it's not going to ride, handle, brake, or stop as well as a more expensive wheel/tire combo.Sometimes they do but most ofen they don't.

So juicestain, find what suits you, and enjoy you nicer looking fuelrails.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

99, I agree about wheels, but rails are a different story. Hollow tubes, made from aluminum with a fitting on the end. It's pretty hard to screw something like that up.

Wheels are moving parts that need to be balanced and true.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i went with fast. they are nice enough for the money for sure.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sepsis
99, I agree about wheels, but rails are a different story. Hollow tubes, made from aluminum with a fitting on the end. It's pretty hard to screw something like that up.

Wheels are moving parts that need to be balanced and true.
I agree, aftermarket rails would be something that I would most likely go with which ever one is cheapest. Its just a tube that holds fluid.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

I wish it were that simple but, it's not. Not all use the same grade of aluminum or machine to the same tolerence, wall thickness, and I'm sure there's other differences also. I'm not saying any of the available brands are made to unacceptably low standards, just that some are better than others.

Quick Reply: Which fuel rail kit?