Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

150 DP system...how much for everything....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 09:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 150 DP system...how much for everything....

I'll get a stand alone tank for the 100 octane. What fuel pump will I need for that tank?

Thats all.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just read that the holley "black" pump will suffice.. one question for you, why a direct port with only a 150 shot? just curious.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1QWIKZ
i just read that the holley "black" pump will suffice.. one question for you, why a direct port with only a 150 shot? just curious.
Well, tell me if I'm off base here.

I want to install a 150 DP simply because its the safest and best type of system. Then I'd like to install a TNT F1 wet shot and jet it for a 75 shot.

So, I can ARM both systems for a tough race or just "ARM" the 75 shot on a day-to-day basis for the car that pulls up revving at me on the hwy. Because 150 is just too much for every day use.

So a 275 dual stage shot would be pretty powerful, especially on top of my N/A power. But this way I can use the smaller shot when I want.

I like roll races from say a 50 mph start. The track is not a concern of mine.

I assume a 1.5 gallon fuel cell can feed both the DP and the wet shot with 100 octane?

Lyle....I'm just learning about all this so......
Old 04-10-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Veteran

HOW ABOUT THIS???????

Is it possible to have two different sized jets for one DP system, so if I only ARM one of the shots if thats all I want to spray. Or ARM both of them to have a dual shot?

One being a 150 shot and the other being a 75 shot.

Old 04-10-2004, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how about this...just spray 250 through the DP? less mess and straight to the point.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:31 PM
TECH Veteran

how about this...just spray 250 through the DP? less mess and straight to the point.
250 is just too much for every day use. I should have 500 or more RWHP on motor. I just want that little extra 75 shot for those bikes that like to play and as shock factor for the Vipers and Exotics we run into on a daily basis down here.

If its a serious race then I could ARM both for the dual shot and have about 800 RWHP.

Thats what I'm trying to accomplish, two seperate systems. Just like "383LQ4SS" has. He'll be tuning it with Jeremy Formato.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:33 PM
TECH Veteran

What if I got a progressive controller for a 300 DP shot, do they have the ability to spray less than 100% of the 300 shot? If YES, how quick can the controller be changed in case I needed the full 300 shot.

The gears in my head go round and round!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well the DP is the safest system and I am eventually going with that setup in the future. My old setup I used two MSD's. One for my first stage dry and the other for my second stage wet. On the dyno I would just pull the pill off of the second MSD to avoid that coming on at 4800rpm. You could also do the same with yours. Purchase duplicate MSD's and have one for the direct port system running a 250 shot for the exotics and one MSD for a smaller wet kit shot. Now my system was designed so my girlfriend could not easily say whats this and turn on the nitrous. I take out the MSD pills during the week for SAFETY. I do have a NX arming system in the car as well, but we all know women are curious. In your case you could easily have two arming systems for each individual MSD. That would give you the ability to choose how bad you want to beat someone w/out getting out of the car and replacing pills.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dude, i personally think the 2 stage is a waste of time and money. might work for some. i would rather have the power 100% off the line. 2 stage is for people who have traction problems, in that case i say work more on the suspension. the progrssive controlled sounds better , its kinda like the dual stage, but wont have all the cluter. i know 383LQ4SS did some wild stuff and ran good times, but how many more have done it since? i know if a dude here locally that tried the same thing a barely busted a 10.7. not exactly what he expected i bet, but he denies using the 2nd stage. i found that kinda hard to believe, since he only ran a 12.2 on motor.my point being, keep it simple.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Shorty Director

dude, i personally think the 2 stage is a waste of time and money. might work for some. i would rather have the power 100% off the line. 2 stage is for people who have traction problems, in that case i say work more on the suspension. the progrssive controlled sounds better , its kinda like the dual stage, but wont have all the cluter. i know 383LQ4SS did some wild stuff and ran good times, but how many more have done it since? i know if a dude here locally that tried the same thing a barely busted a 10.7. not exactly what he expected i bet, but he denies using the 2nd stage. i found that kinda hard to believe, since he only ran a 12.2 on motor.my point being, keep it simple.
Well Quicken will have traction problems, just like I did with my 348ci setup NA. Now I am going with a 408ci setup. If I had traction problems with my old setup I am sure I will have traction problems with my new setup. Quicken said he does not care about THE TRACK, so working on his suspension is pointless if he is racing from a roll. Actually I would prefer a road race suspension to a drag race suspension any day when we are talking about street racing. If Quicken is starting at 50mph and already has 500rwhp NA and he hits it with a 250 shot what do you think will happen? My best guess would be spinning all over the place and possibly ending up wrecking his car if he cant get it under control. By breaking up the power in two stages that gives him time to get traction and he should be at a high enough speed for the second stage to come on hard and continue putting distance between him and his opponent. If you are spinning you are losing the race. Now if he uses a progressive controller(which is more for the track) that defeats his purpose of having a small shot for everyday use and a bigger shot for the weekend. Yes the two stage is more complicated, but Quicken will get what he wants. Going with a Single Stage progressive controller setup Quicken will not get what he wants. Quicken would have to pull over and change jets quite frequently. My way he could set it up once and only have to refill the bottle. No jet changes required unless he wants more.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by VINCE
Well the DP is the safest system and I am eventually going with that setup in the future. My old setup I used two MSD's. One for my first stage dry and the other for my second stage wet. On the dyno I would just pull the pill off of the second MSD to avoid that coming on at 4800rpm. You could also do the same with yours. Purchase duplicate MSD's and have one for the direct port system running a 250 shot for the exotics and one MSD for a smaller wet kit shot. Now my system was designed so my girlfriend could not easily say whats this and turn on the nitrous. I take out the MSD pills during the week for SAFETY. I do have a NX arming system in the car as well, but we all know women are curious. In your case you could easily have two arming systems for each individual MSD. That would give you the ability to choose how bad you want to beat someone w/out getting out of the car and replacing pills.
I was told that the initial hit of a dry system makes the engine run LEAN for an instant and its not very good for the motor. Thats why I would rather just use a DP and a wet system for my dual stage.

I plan to buy a TNT F1 set-up from this guy locally. Can you tell me EXACTLY what to buy so I can do this method of NOT HAVING TO GET OUT OF THE CAR to choose if I want one shot or both.

Old 04-11-2004, 02:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Well Quicken will have traction problems, just like I did with my 348ci setup NA. Now I am going with a 408ci setup. If I had traction problems with my old setup I am sure I will have traction problems with my new setup. Quicken said he does not care about THE TRACK, so working on his suspension is pointless if he is racing from a roll. Actually I would prefer a road race suspension to a drag race suspension any day when we are talking about street racing. If Quicken is starting at 50mph and already has 500rwhp NA and he hits it with a 250 shot what do you think will happen? My best guess would be spinning all over the place and possibly ending up wrecking his car if he cant get it under control. By breaking up the power in two stages that gives him time to get traction and he should be at a high enough speed for the second stage to come on hard and continue putting distance between him and his opponent. If you are spinning you are losing the race. Now if he uses a progressive controller(which is more for the track) that defeats his purpose of having a small shot for everyday use and a bigger shot for the weekend. Yes the two stage is more complicated, but Quicken will get what he wants. Going with a Single Stage progressive controller setup Quicken will not get what he wants. Quicken would have to pull over and change jets quite frequently. My way he could set it up once and only have to refill the bottle. No jet changes required unless he wants more.
Tell me more, tell me more Can your method be done with a DP and wet shot? I'd like to stay away from the dry if possible.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:38 PM
Shorty Director

Originally Posted by Quickin
Can you tell me EXACTLY what to buy so I can do this method of NOT HAVING TO GET OUT OF THE CAR to choose if I want one shot or both.

Well you will need arming switches for the inside of the car and two MSD Window Switches. Purchase the ones for the LS1 or you will have to jimmy up the other ones. You will wire both MSD's to your WOT switch connected to your TB. You will wire one MSD for your wet kit and one to your standalone direct port system. You can decide if you want a huge shot or a small shot just by a flip of the switch. Now on your bigger shot I would suggest setting up the MSD to come on at above 4800rpm and depending on your rev limit shutting down 200 rpm's b4. You should have enough horsepower NA to beat almost any car on the street, but just in case you run into someone with wicked power you would be better off letting the nitrous come on later to give you time to get traction. Since 383LQ4SS is building this for you I would ask him. He will give you the best advice.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

having anymore than 550rwhp on a stock bottom end and I don't care how careful you are your pistons are gonna have a siezure and leave themselve embedded in your heads, and cylinder walls....I would say you could have UP TOO 200-250 direct port as long as ur tuning is done very well. Then have the F1 Kit for playin w/people.....never both at the same time....that's over 325 hp you'd be spraying...your motor won't like you very long.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh **** you have a 436...never mind....I still say be very careful on using over a 300 shot...put in a Walbro 340 intake pump...the 240 isn't enough....you might wanna check on making your fuel system a return fuel system....it won't lean out hardly at all when you hit the spray.....on a returnless system you'll drain the rails for a few seconds before the pump can fill them back up....
Old 04-11-2004, 03:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Well you will need arming switches for the inside of the car and two MSD Window Switches. Purchase the ones for the LS1 or you will have to jimmy up the other ones. You will wire both MSD's to your WOT switch connected to your TB. You will wire one MSD for your wet kit and one to your standalone direct port system. You can decide if you want a huge shot or a small shot just by a flip of the switch. Now on your bigger shot I would suggest setting up the MSD to come on at above 4800rpm and depending on your rev limit shutting down 200 rpm's b4. You should have enough horsepower NA to beat almost any car on the street, but just in case you run into someone with wicked power you would be better off letting the nitrous come on later to give you time to get traction. Since 383LQ4SS is building this for you I would ask him. He will give you the best advice.
Can both the wet and DP shots draw the fuel from my fuel cell? I want to drive around with 100 octane in it all the time so I can always use 93 octane on motor.
Where is all this stuff bought from? Who has the best prices?

Can the intake be drilled for the DP system while my motor is out, then later on install the system without having to pull the intake off?

Thanks.
Old 04-11-2004, 03:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JoSeY
oh **** you have a 436...never mind....I still say be very careful on using over a 300 shot...put in a Walbro 340 intake pump...the 240 isn't enough....you might wanna check on making your fuel system a return fuel system....it won't lean out hardly at all when you hit the spray.....on a returnless system you'll drain the rails for a few seconds before the pump can fill them back up....
I want to have a stand alone fuel cell to feed both systems.

And yup, I got the engine to go with the spray
Old 04-11-2004, 03:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks for the info so far, gotta go to an Easter party
Old 04-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Shorty Director

Originally Posted by Quickin
Can both the wet and DP shots draw the fuel from my fuel cell? I want to drive around with 100 octane in it all the time so I can always use 93 octane on motor.
Where is all this stuff bought from? Who has the best prices?

Can the intake be drilled for the DP system while my motor is out, then later on install the system without having to pull the intake off?

Thanks.

Yes, yes and yes. Someone can plum your intake right now for DP if you want.
Old 04-11-2004, 03:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Whats so bad about dry, I know a guy spraying a 175 dry shot, and it hit like no other on the freeway.