Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone use the Meguiars G110v2 DA Microfiber Correction System Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Default Anyone use the Meguiars G110v2 DA Microfiber Correction System Kit

Hi all,

When I bought my 02 T/A the black paint looked pretty good. In the couple of months I've had it, swirl marks and holograms have appeared. And they look bad. Before I bought it, the previous owner had it detailed and it looks like they didn't know what they were doing. I can see the rotatory swirls where they cut in and then didn't bother to polish it out. Skipped a step or two?

Ugh.

Anyway, instead of paying someone else to try to fix it, I figure I'll pick up some gear and clean it up myself.

Has anyone used the Meguiars G110v2 DA Microfiber Correction System Kit? I know M205/M105 is considered good, but I don't have anything to start with... and this kid has everything matched from Meguiars... I think it would also be slightly more forgiving as I learn.

Kit includes:
Meguiars Dual Action Polisher G110v2
2 DA Microfiber Cutting Discs
2 DA Microfiber Finishing Discs
5 Inch Backing Plate - W67DA
6 inch Backing Plate - W68DA
16 oz. DA Microfiber Correction Compound
16 oz. DA Microfiber Finishing Wax
Meguiars Detail Apron
20 oz. BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner
20 oz. BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Conditioner

Thanks,
Old 10-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Super Hulk Smash

The other option I am looking at is from Griot's garage, the 6 inch Random Orbital Polisher with Meguiar's M105/M205 Kit:

1 Griots Garage 6 inch Random Orbital Polisher
1 Uber 5 inch backing plate
1 Uber 5.5 inch Yellow Cutting Pad
1 Uber 5.5 inch Orange Medium Cut Pad
1 Uber 5.5 inch Green Polish Pad
1 Uber 5.5 inch Blue Finishing Pad
1 Uber 5.5 inch Black Wax/Sealant Pad
1 32 oz Meguiar's M105 Ultra Compound
1 32 oz Meguiar's M205 Ultra Finishing Polish
6 Uber Microfiber Towels 16x16
Old 10-31-2012, 06:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

buy the 7424xp , m105 and m205 and whtever wax you want , but 3 orange pads, 3 white pads , and 2 or 3 black or red pads for wax .
Old 10-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the Flex orbital polisher and it came with Meguire's 205 and 105. I am very happy with the Flex and I am glad that I spent the extra money. There are some really good videos on Youtube by Junkman2000. He talks about the fact that the shine comes from polishing the paint and not from the wax. He also uses both the Porter Cable and the Flex polisher and talks about there differences. I think that I spent a little over $300.00 and got the Flex polisher,two orange foam pads,two green foam pads, and a 12 ounce bottle of the Meguire's 105 and 205. Plenty of enough stuff to polish my truck.
Gary
Old 10-31-2012, 10:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
buy the 7424xp , m105 and m205 and whtever wax you want , but 3 orange pads, 3 white pads , and 2 or 3 black or red pads for wax .
^This.

However the MF cutting discs and D300 are AMAZING. There is definitely technique to using them though. The corrective ability is better than M105 and will sometimes finish down better than M205 with the D300 and cutting disc. But you need compressed air to clean the pads frequently and you need to use a lot of product to prime the pad. Once primed you use very little additional product.

The D301 finishing wax is not really a good followup choice to D300, it simply does not have enough cut in most cases. However it makes for an excellent standalone wax when applied lightly with a little distilled water on a 100ppi foam applicator. 2-3 month durability, superb looks, and the easiest on/off application of any product I've ever used. After using D300 on a MF cutting disc, I'd recommend M205 then Menzerna 85RD (The Menz will give you unparalleled gloss).

Also, I'd only recommend the 5" plates and discs for the DA's that are available right now (Megs G110v2, PCXP, Griots, HD, etc). They don't really have the torque to move the 6" pads efficiently. The Rupes Bigfoot (not available yet) does have that torque. Mine should be here next week .
Old 10-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Thanks guys!

So, GoFast, would the Porter 7424XP be good for the 5" Pads?

Looks like I'll be shopping for the following:

Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher HD
Meguiar's DA Microfiber Compound D300
Meguiars M205 Ultra Finishing Polish
Menzerna Super Finish (SF 4500) PO85RD
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
Meguiars DMC5 DA Microfiber Cutting Discs, 5 Inches
Meguiars DMF5 DA Microfiber Finishing Discs, 5 Inches

Last edited by JakeFusion; 10-31-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
Thanks guys!

So, GoFast, would the Porter 7424XP be good for the 5" Pads?

Looks like I'll be shopping for the following:

Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher HD
Meguiar's DA Microfiber Compound D300
Meguiars M205 Ultra Finishing Polish
Menzerna Super Finish (SF 4500) PO85RD
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
Meguiars DMC5 DA Microfiber Cutting Discs, 5 Inches
Meguiars DMF5 DA Microfiber Finishing Discs, 5 Inches

Yes, the PC will handle the 5" pads just fine. The Griots is more powerful though and I prefer it over the PC. I have an extra one if you're interested (new in box). I also wouldn't bother with the finishing discs. Get some Lake Country white and black pads (5.5" flat pads) to go with the 205 and the 85RD. A pad brush (Edge and Meguiars both make one...identical, one is orange the other is black) will be needed for the MF pads, and I'd recommend getting several of them. Do NOT run them at high speed (no more than speed 4) and clean them with the brush and compressed air after every time you stop and want to reapply product to the panel. Wash them out frequently and gently (don't wring them out like a towel...ever) to make them last and continue cutting well.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Great advice. Thanks so much. The Griots looks like it might be a little easier to handle as well with it's multiposition handle.

Have you had any luck with the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0? I was looking at the 85RD and the Wolfgang was recommended with it. I'd like to do more than just apply carnuba wax to the car but actually put a protective layer over it and then just wash it as it's a garage queen.

I'll also pick up some Cobra microfiber towels to round out the fun.

I foresee taking a day off from work and doing a thorough washing and then cutting/polishing/polishing/sealant.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
Great advice. Thanks so much. The Griots looks like it might be a little easier to handle as well with it's multiposition handle.

Have you had any luck with the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0? I was looking at the 85RD and the Wolfgang was recommended with it. I'd like to do more than just apply carnuba wax to the car but actually put a protective layer over it and then just wash it as it's a garage queen.

I'll also pick up some Cobra microfiber towels to round out the fun.

I foresee taking a day off from work and doing a thorough washing and then cutting/polishing/polishing/sealant.
I'd take your time and plan for 2 days, or maybe over the weekend. The Wolfgang is decent, but I'd recommend the Finishing Wax by Meguiars over it, or Blackfire Wet Diamond. Let me know if you want the Griots DA.

Quick Reply: Anyone use the Meguiars G110v2 DA Microfiber Correction System Kit