Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowered

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 02:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowered

So my 98' TA was lowered using Eibach lowering springs to drop it 2" and has Koni fully adjustable shocks all the way around, this was all done by the previous owner.

Any how he also placed 17x11 on the back and rolled the panels. only issue is my passenger side rubs like crazy whenever i hit a nice bump or go over a raised intersection at say 35mph. its not a constant rub, and i found out why...

my passenger side sits lower then the driver side, this lead me to understand why the driverside rarely rubs. now here is the question.. How can i raise the passenger side up.. i need the ammount of almost half of a bottle cap..

i will grap pics in the morning, but on the driver side i can lossly fit two nuckles as to the passenger side i can tightly fit two nuckles...
Old 11-22-2012, 05:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it have an adjustable PHB?
Old 11-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Summit Racing sells coil spring spacers (PN GLS-1306) that might help. It might be worth double checkig the installation, if you haven't already. Just in case the springs are not sitting in the rubber isolator properly and that they are oriented the same left and right.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fbody lean

Hose mod the top and bottom of the passenger side spring WITH the isolator. Takes ~15min and you'll be level then
Old 11-22-2012, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VinR1
Fbody lean

Hose mod the top and bottom of the passenger side spring WITH the isolator. Takes ~15min and you'll be level then
How hard is it to do? I don't have a lift all I have to get the car off the ground is a 2ton jack and jack stands lol
Passenger side

Driver side:
Old 11-22-2012, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Put some bricks around the front tires to keep them from rolling
Jack the rear by the pumpkin
Put jack stands under the rear subframes
Lower the jack so the rear droops down
Since you have sportlines, the rear springs should almost fall out
Hose mod the top and bottom of the passenger side spring
Reinstall and follow the instructions in reverse
Old 11-22-2012, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VinR1
Put some bricks around the front tires to keep them from rolling
Jack the rear by the pumpkin
Put jack stands under the rear subframes
Lower the jack so the rear droops down
Since you have sportlines, the rear springs should almost fall out
Hose mod the top and bottom of the passenger side spring
Reinstall and follow the instructions in reverse

could you explain to me how to do the hose method, or is there a thread with pics and all, and do i use a garden hose? lol
Old 11-22-2012, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mista Blazer
could you explain to me how to do the hose method, or is there a thread with pics and all, and do i use a garden hose? lol
There's like 100 threads on it dude. You slip heater hose over the spring. Voila.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry bud, just never heard of the hose mod lol, i may run to the store in the morning to grab some

EDIT: after reading a few of the write ups.. the hose mod has seemed to lower the height.. i need the passenger side to go up not down

Last edited by Mista Blazer; 11-23-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

sorry bud, just never heard of the hose mod lol, i may run to the store in the morning to grab some

EDIT: after reading a few of the write ups.. the hose mod has seemed to lower the height.. i need the passenger side to go up not down
You put the hose on the spring and reuse the isolator as well, it will raise it (again you can search for this).
Or you could ditch the **** springs for some better ones.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
You put the hose on the spring and reuse the isolator as well, it will raise it (again you can search for this).
Or you could ditch the **** springs for some better ones.
I didn't really find the to be made crappy. I have seen some people out here use them. I haven't had any issues, the car rides how I like.. If I had the money to throw at springs I'd take it and put it twords fixing my rear main seal..
Old 11-25-2012, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

I didn't really find the to be made crappy. I have seen some people out here use them. I haven't had any issues, the car rides how I like.. If I had the money to throw at springs I'd take it and put it twords fixing my rear main seal..
Im assuming they are the sportlines since you said its a 2" drop?
You can search for this, but the eibachs for our cars have sagging issues, and the sportlines in particular have some goofy (overly soft) spring rates for the huge drop they give. This leaves you hitting the bumpstops harder and more often than compared to the better springs out there.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Im assuming they are the sportlines since you said its a 2" drop?
You can search for this, but the eibachs for our cars have sagging issues, and the sportlines in particular have some goofy (overly soft) spring rates for the huge drop they give. This leaves you hitting the bumpstops harder and more often than compared to the better springs out there.
Yeah im slowling learning that these springs are really soft, i tried the hose mod, i even went to the extent of putting 1/2" hose inside of the 3/4" hose, and 1/2" hose on the bottom of the spring..

i may find someone who wants to trade or will buy my rear springs, i might just keep the 2" in front and do either a 1" or 1.5" in the rear and go with another brand in the rear
EDIT: they honestly look like the Pro-Kit, but the Pro-Kit only lowers 1.0" - 1.5" and the sportlines drop 1.7" - 2.3" but the numbers on my springs match the Pro-kit.
EDITx2: would a panhard bar fix my issue, i still have the stock one.

Last edited by Mista Blazer; 11-29-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah im slowling learning that these springs are really soft, i tried the hose mod, i even went to the extent of putting 1/2" hose inside of the 3/4" hose, and 1/2" hose on the bottom of the spring..

i may find someone who wants to trade or will buy my rear springs, i might just keep the 2" in front and do either a 1" or 1.5" in the rear and go with another brand in the rear
EDIT: they honestly look like the Pro-Kit, but the Pro-Kit only lowers 1.0" - 1.5" and the sportlines drop 1.7" - 2.3" but the numbers on my springs match the Pro-kit.
Numbers matching huh? Strange... Maybe they are just a really worn out prokit?
EDITx2: would a panhard bar fix my issue, i still have the stock one.
No, a panhard bar just adjusts the axle toward the drivers side or passenger side so you can center the axle, won't help with height really.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red Eibach springs are Sportlines... Black Eibach springs are Prokits.
No an adjustable PHB wont help with the height issue but is almost required on a lowered F-body.
Instead of measuring with your fingers... park on really flat/level ground and measure from the center of the fenderwell openings to the ground and give us the measurements for all 4 corners.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You can get a rear set of BMR rear lowering springs, that will bring the rear up a little bit and you'll have better spring rate to. I'd also recommend getting a adjustable phb to center up the rear if you plan on keeping the 315/35/17s an 17x11s on the rear.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Adjustable PHB to center the rear end
Old 12-20-2012, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
You can get a rear set of BMR rear lowering springs, that will bring the rear up a little bit and you'll have better spring rate to. I'd also recommend getting a adjustable phb to center up the rear if you plan on keeping the 315/35/17s an 17x11s on the rear.
I will have to look on the tire to see but im sure thats what Nitto tires i have.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie
Adjustable PHB to center the rear end
car has factory PHB
Old 12-20-2012, 12:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
I agree 100% with this. At a minimum I would atleast throw an adjustable panhard rod on the car so you can center up the rear end. Being that the car is lowered quite a bit I am sure the rear end is kicked out further to the driver's side creating some clearance issue. If there is anything we can do to help you out let me know.

Ky;e

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had the exact same issue with the sportlines, got an adj phb and problem solved.

Quick Reply: Lowered