Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does this work? Stnd alone

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does this work? Stnd alone

Is it a terrible headache installibg a stand alone fuel system? Im not wanting to re-locate my battery but i would if this is the easiest route. Ive read alot about them and this is how im gonna go but im wondering how hard it is to do so if i need to go ahead and find someone to hire or not? It is going on a 99 TA. also looking for one to buy my plan was to spend around a 1000good dollars on a good nitrous kit from nitrous outlet (due to good feedback) until i discovered i need a standalone. And buying a new one plus a kit pushes me out of my budget. But if i need a new one instead of used ill get one. Sorry so long i guess my biggest concerns
1) how hard to install
2) anyone have one to sell
Old 12-11-2012, 08:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

How much do plan to shoot? You can always buy a standalone later.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ As silverbullet said there may not be a real need to buy one right off the bat, just depends on how much you are wanting to spray.

Trey
Old 12-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

What does your current setup/ fuel system consist of?

Also a dedicated is something that can be installed and wired up very easily.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply guys
i have a thread on here "what to do please help" with all my motor goodies on it. I couldnt find out what cam is in the car. Its 408ci eagle forged, fast 102fuel. Im just wanting the most i can get out of it is all. I dunno how much i will shoot my biggest goal is to hit the 9's (9.99). And be 100%safe. If i cant be safe i wont to it. Way too much in the car thats something else i need help on. How much?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Teching In

11:1 CR
CHE 808 ls6 cnc ported 243s 2.02"/1.57"/64 cc
Diamond 4.30"bore bore flat tops

Neal was saying on my setup with info i gave him (not enough) to run about a hundred shot unless i get a standalone. Im still trying to find cam specs on the car. Chris just a rough estimate on a good nit. Kit i would need for this car i dont want something ill be looking to beef up in a yr i want something to keep. Thanks. Also if you guys want to pm me so u dont have to look up threads
Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Can you find out what fuel pump is in the car and if it's hotwired? If it has something decent I would say a 150 shot at the max to be safe and that can be taken off the rail instead of a standalone. That also should get you to the 9.90 range you are looking for.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

What 87silverbullet said....

Also i'll get with neal since you have been talking to him and we'll see if we can put something together for you.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys ill try so see about the fuel pump. Is there a way to tell if it has a hotwire by looking at it? Or would i have to find this out by talking to the guy that had it built? Thats the problem w/ not doin it yourself, dont know whats in it. But im getting a steal on this car so ill settle with having to find eveything out.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

For the hotwire....Look for a secondary realy and harness back by the tank or you can look and see if there is extra wiring coming off the alternator because the hotwire kit moves pump power from the battery to the alt.

Harness example

Quick Reply: How does this work? Stnd alone