Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hockey Stripe 98-02

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 09:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hockey Stripe 98-02

Does anybody out there make a hockey stripe that is solid at the front? I'm not really interested in the space for writing. Been looking everywhere. Any help is appreciated.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

the only way to do that is to have the stripe painted on. the reason there is a gap in all of them is because vinyle can not go over the gap between the bumper and fender it will start to peel away. I had mine painted on
Old 12-16-2012, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crispy what is that front ground effect / piece. Looks pretty sweet. any other pics of it?
Old 12-16-2012, 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

Looks like a 6le Dick Harrell bumper
Old 12-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah its the 6le bumper that is the only pic I have of it right now. The car is in Texas right now and I am stuck in Colorado, I was kind of dissapointed with the way the bumper fit around the headlights but I recon that is par for the course with aftermarket bumpers. I am going to get creative with headlight mounting to see if I can get the gap closed up.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by crispytoast
the only way to do that is to have the stripe painted on. the reason there is a gap in all of them is because vinyle can not go over the gap between the bumper and fender it will start to peel away.
not true, you shouldn't have any problems with the vinyl peeling away unless you apply it wrong. But you will have to cut a slit there to make it two pieces so that the bumper/fender can be separated if need be. I've ordered all of my stripes from camarographics.com in the past, great stuff every time. Here are their hockey stripes. If you read the page it says you can do the full stripe, but it costs more due to the size of the roll needed.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
not true, you shouldn't have any problems with the vinyl peeling away unless you apply it wrong. But you will have to cut a slit there to make it two pieces so that the bumper/fender can be separated if need be. I've ordered all of my stripes from camarographics.com in the past, great stuff every time. Here are their hockey stripes. If you read the page it says you can do the full stripe, but it costs more due to the size of the roll needed.
yeah i guess you are right before i had mine painted on i did vinyle ones to see if I liked it or not I had got mine from 4th circle designs or something like that I had "the writing" as a bowtie that ended up being crooked
Old 12-17-2012, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^your car looks pretty good, have any more pics of front bumper.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

excuse the mess, was in the middle of cut and buff and engine install

those are the only pics I have right now, the car is in texas and I am in colorado cause the procharger made the motor go boom
Old 12-18-2012, 12:46 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
Thanks for the link. The shorter version is exactly what I am looking for. They have a good curve and don't rake back and look all goofy.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah there shouldnt be an issue with the gap between the fender and bumper if its applied right, you will of coarse have to cut the vinyl in the crease but it will be fine. A sign or graphic shop should have no problem setting you up with some custom stripes.

Quick Reply: Hockey Stripe 98-02