Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

what whould be a good tire for my combo

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what whould be a good tire for my combo

hey guys im looking to get a set of prostar wheels. i don't know if to g 15x10 or 15x8. i know i have more tire selection with 15x10 that's the wheel im looking to get in to. but what size tire for my power goals looking at 450whp on motor and starting off with a 150 and going up to at 200 or 250 tops for now. i have stock springs with qa1 singles, lower control arms, relocation brackets, stock torque arm mounted on trans cross member, in the rear and stock up front till i get my qa1 coilover singles up front. looking for the biggest tire size to hold my power level. tire brands im looking in to is. hoosiers or mt drag radials. 28 tall will be mandatory for my steep gear on the 3speed.

mods on car. ms3, ls7 lifters, 241 heads ported polished, victor jr efi, edelbrock lowpro elbow, carb plate kit, full bolton, th400, trans brake, 3.90, gear, no ac, no power-steering, fully gutted front end no lights, just fogs. about 500 lbs of weight reduction plastic jegs chairs. NOS big shot kit.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

none ? did i post in the worng place ?
Old 12-31-2012, 12:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs down

im goona go ahead and get the jegs sport mag wheels wich look good and there cheap for now. im going to have to go 15x8 cus they dont make the correct back spaceing for x10 wheel what size would be the biggest for the 8 wheel for these car
Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

??? nothing can some one tell me where i can post this question and get some feed back or just move the tread
Old 01-02-2013, 02:17 PM
TECH Regular

295/55/15 or 275/60/15 MT drag radial will work with that wheel.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure why you never got a response, maybe cuz the holidays, but i would DEFINATLY get the 15x10 wheel and put a 275/60/15 hoosier drag radial on it, you WILL NOT be dissapointed!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:01 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

15x10 for sure,and imo just wait and find a used set of prostars,should be abale to find wheels and tires for 800 n under,also jegs are heavy cast wheels,once ya figure in longer studs,spacers,and grinding to make them fit ya can almost get a wheel that will just bolt right up,its not worth grinding and all that with all the drag wheels out now,im going to sell my drag wheels if your intrested,is this more street car or just a track car,
Old 01-03-2013, 05:05 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just the other day a polished set of weld rts where in the classfieds for 1500 obo with new tires,much better idea to find someone selling something good than buying cheap wheels at a new price
Old 01-03-2013, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cape T/A
not sure why you never got a response, maybe cuz the holidays, but i would DEFINATLY get the 15x10 wheel and put a 275/60/15 hoosier drag radial on it, you WILL NOT be dissapointed!
im guessing it was the holidays lol. that was the tire i was thinking 275 60 15. i know that the x10 on a 275 will have more contact patch than the x8 but im on a tight super tight budget right now. i did the the heads cam th400 and going in to the rollcage now. i prefer going cheap on the wheels for now and i can wait for a better deal while still having the car track ready.

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
15x10 for sure,and imo just wait and find a used set of prostars,should be abale to find wheels and tires for 800 n under,also jegs are heavy cast wheels,once ya figure in longer studs,spacers,and grinding to make them fit ya can almost get a wheel that will just bolt right up,its not worth grinding and all that with all the drag wheels out now,im going to sell my drag wheels if your intrested,is this more street car or just a track car,
\

800 is not im my budget right now trust me id love to get a set of greg weld or something nicer but just my budget like i stated above. i rather go cheap on the wheels than the cage or anything else. i can give the wheels to my brother when i find a good deal on another set. i already have the 275 60 15 bfgoodrich for now for that set of wheels. this car is 90% track 10% street what wheels do u have how much u looking to get for em ?

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Just the other day a polished set of weld rts where in the classfieds for 1500 obo with new tires,much better idea to find someone selling something good than buying cheap wheels at a new price
i have been looking and i don't see many people the that x10 wheel for sale. that y i thought about going that cheep wheels so i can buy the set i need new. also have to do the diff so while im there im going shorten it and id have to get different wheels again lol. its complicated but id like to bang the crap out of the 10 bolt see how long it holds and then build me something new. im thinking an 8.5 10 bolt that i don't see many people running them in these cars but i see a ton of other cars at the track with em.in the low 6.s 1/8 mile

Quick Reply: what whould be a good tire for my combo