Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pedals. What are you using? Post your photos.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Location: From Massapequa, New York / Now in Southern California
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Pedals. What are you using? Post your photos.

SRP Racing Pedals (Block); I bought them about a year ago and painted them gloss black, finally got around to sanding off the tops and installed them in my daily driver.

http://www.srpracing.com

Old 01-02-2013, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it looks good..
Old 01-02-2013, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

besides using the factory pedals that came with my car, i use these pedals for my other ride

Old 01-03-2013, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread fu<king rules I've been trying to find some real good pics of SRP pedals for awhile now, Thx. They look damn good, props. How do they feel compared to the stock pedals?

Now if i can only decide on what options I want: smooth gas-non smooth, trim ring-no trim ring, block-grid.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by meine96ws6
it looks good..
Thank You

Originally Posted by hawk584
besides using the factory pedals that came with my car, i use these pedals for my other ride

You just made me realize, among other things, I have changed pedals on every vehicle I've owned, some of them below.

Originally Posted by Snake_Skinner
This thread fu<king rules I've been trying to find some real good pics of SRP pedals for awhile now, Thx. They look damn good, props. How do they feel compared to the stock pedals?

Now if i can only decide on what options I want: smooth gas-non smooth, trim ring-no trim ring, block-grid.

I haven't seen many photos myself other then the ones that I found and quoted below from other threads on this forum.

I think the SRP pedals are one of the better options out there. Painting them and sanding the top contact area added a nice detail.
I also used 3M body side molding tape instead of the supplied screws.

Original pads 12 years / 145,000 miles

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
I installed SRP pedals about two months ago, and figured you might want some driving/installation impressions. First, a picture:

I went with the block style over the grid style, despite SRP's claims that their new grid style is grippier. I theorized that their testing methodology didn't account for the fact that the pedals (and people's feet) tend to mate at an oblique angle, where a bigger, more "gnarly" stair-step pattern would offer superior feel--especially if you wear dress shoes a lot. I think I was right, but frankly, I'd have to shell out another $160 to find out, and I'm not about to do that.

SRP pedals versus the stock pedals:
  • Heel-toeing is now possible. That's huge--and frankly, the only reason why I think anyone can justify the $160 price. The broad strip that SRP added to the left side of the gas pedal finally gives you enough material to get your heel on it without having to jump in your seat and rotate your hips.
  • Downward slippage on the clutch pedal is reduced. That slow, downward slippage you probably get when you're in stop-and-go traffic is mostly solved. Ever have to put the car into neutral because you were worried that your foot was getting low on the pedal? I used to have to do that all the time, and have only had to do it once or twice since.
  • Wet traction and wet rubber squeak are solved. Thank God.

Important installation observation:
  • They don't give you the right hardware for the gas pedal and the emergency brake pedal. I had to dip into my hardware reserves (including plastic drywall anchors for the emergency brake pedal) because their screws didn't want to tap, or the bolts were too short, or there wasn't enough of something. That sucked, but I got the job done in an hour.
Originally Posted by EdmundGTP
I opted for the Grid style. Great product, and the extra meat on the gas pedal is VERY nice.

Originally Posted by 00SS4780
My vote for the Autovation. Great product and no problems when wet. Here is a pic.

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
SRP racing pedals (sponsor here)

Originally Posted by camar0corey

SRP's here, they are awesome. Got them when they had their introductory sale on here.
Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Here's my MBA pedals I bought years ago.
FYI, there not made anymore.

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
I have SRP Racing Pedals and I love them. They are such a great bang for the buck. and yes, heal-toeing is a lot easier w/ them...it's virtually begging you to heal toe it..cause it makes the pedals a lot closer together.. sometimes when I lift my foot off the accelerator pedal the rim of my sneaker will catch on the brake (that's how close they can be)....it took a few days to get used to that but I enjoy them a lot. I have it on my foot rest..but I'm considering to take it off cause it looks weird. ...here's the only pic I have of them..

Last edited by 2000 WS6 Formula; 11-07-2017 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Updated photo links
Old 01-04-2013, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How is the grip on these pedals? I've noticed on the C5s that the clutch pedal can be slippery at times. This is why I've never been able to commit to medal pedals. Nothing like having your foot slip off the clutch pedal when you're shifting at 6K.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How did you guys get all 3 pedals to sit flush? I hate how the gas pedal is so far from the brake, makes it hard to brake and rev match
Old 01-06-2013, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Awesome, I've gotta get me some
Old 01-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Black_Z28
How is the grip on these pedals? I've noticed on the C5s that the clutch pedal can be slippery at times. This is why I've never been able to commit to medal pedals. Nothing like having your foot slip off the clutch pedal when you're shifting at 6K.
I did also notice that there pretty smooth and seemed slippery compared to the original rubber clutch and brake pedals. After a week of driving with them I tried to slide my foot off all three pedals with slight pressure applied, but they dig in and don't slip.

Originally Posted by My2kz28
How did you guys get all 3 pedals to sit flush? I hate how the gas pedal is so far from the brake, makes it hard to brake and rev match
It may look like it in the photos but they are actually at different heights, clutch is the highest and the accelerator is the lowest. When applying the brakes, the brake and accelerator pedals come close to the same height.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000 WS6 Formula
I did also notice that there pretty smooth and seemed slippery compared to the original rubber clutch and brake pedals. After a week of driving with them I tried to slide my foot off all three pedals with slight pressure applied, but they dig in and don't slip.
Hmm, well I like that. Maybe I could paint them with plasti-dip to give it the black color, but still nice and grippy.

Where the soles of your shoes wet at all?
Old 01-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Black_Z28
Hmm, well I like that. Maybe I could paint them with plasti-dip to give it the black color, but still nice and grippy.

Where the soles of your shoes wet at all?

I used Plasti-Kote Engine Enamel and sanded the paint off the contact areas. I really don't think there will be a problem with grip, just as I was at cruising speed with my foot on the accelerator I couldn't slide my foot off, the brake and clutch get a lot more applied pressure than the accelerator. I think these will also be an improvement over the rubber pedals with wet soles as they also dig in.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wanted a set of the MBA's But no one ever has them for sale. I ordered from Autovation and they made me a nice set but they have HORRIBLE customer service and no phone # or contact information. Nor did they let me know anything during the month they were possibly making them. But they sure deposited money the day I ordered lol.

In the end I got them....just beware. I had to file a paypal complaint before any correspondence was answered and only then did they magically ship them out THAT same day. Odd? Maybe. Just beware.

Now I need new carpet. Has a wear hole in it.
Attached Thumbnails Pedals.  What are you using?  Post your photos.-cimg1863.jpg  
Old 01-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by 2000 WS6 Formula
I also used 3M body side molding tape instead of the supplied screws.
I know that tape is pretty good, but the last thing I'd want is the possibility of one of my pedals falling off while I was driving. Yeah, there's metal behind them that you could still grip, but it would be enough of a distraction that you could possibly end up rear ending someone if you were trying to do a panic stop and the pedal came off.

And here's a pic of the pedals on my old Camaro:

Old 01-09-2013, 08:07 PM
TECH Junkie

these are the xbox 360 controller edition pedals j/k

seriously WTF? these are on a car i'm possibly trading an 83 t/a for.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
I know that tape is pretty good, but the last thing I'd want is the possibility of one of my pedals falling off while I was driving. Yeah, there's metal behind them that you could still grip, but it would be enough of a distraction that you could possibly end up rear ending someone if you were trying to do a panic stop and the pedal came off.
Yeah.....I wouldn't want that to happen either, so far so good there not moving, there more secure than the original factory pads that slip on and they never slipped off. If the "what if" ever happens and the 3M tape fails I'll try the Loctite Power Grab Mounting Tape: http://www.popularmechanics.com/vide...?click=main_sr
Old 01-10-2013, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where do you guys get pedals for a automatic car? Like the whole two pedal assemblies, just wondering cuz im doing a t-56 to a 4l80e swap and ill be needing automatic pedals lol
Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think id be better off looking at a junk yard but still just thought Id ask
Old 03-29-2015, 07:20 PM
Launching!

SRP Racing Pedal Options: http://www.srpracing.com/pd-surface-finish.cfm

GRID

MM

BLOCK

SPIKE

SC

HEX

Last edited by 2000 WS6 Formula; 03-29-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Grip tape here! Looks good and super grippy haha
Old 04-01-2015, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by silverWS.6
Grip tape here! Looks good and super grippy haha
hmmm might have to try that, any pics?
did you remove the rubber pad then apply the tape to the metal pedal?

Quick Reply: Pedals. What are you using? Post your photos.