Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

i dun messed up

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down i dun messed up

So there I was, ***** deep into turning into my driveway. My right signal wasnt working. Like most of us I thought it was the bulb that I replaced a million times. But all my housings are new.

Pulled in the garage and the passenger side was out, driver side worked. I went under to check the wires and when I grabbed them it came on. There was just electrical tape on. So i took the tape off and figured id fix it better with a wire nut and then tape it good.

That seemed to work. Light came on, signals work. I drove to work and then I noticed all my instrument lights were out. Tach, speedo, fuel, milage, battery was all out. Oil pressure still worked and stereo worked. Left turn signal light up inside, but right did not. All headlights and fog lights work.

Did I blow a fuse? Or did I cross some wires together that arent supposed to be?

Im at work right now so I will have to pull it in the garage later. Figured this is the best place to ask people.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Check the fuses on the driver-side panel of the dash.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i checked all the fuses. i went to pull out a 15 amp fuse and now my car wont even start. what the hell is going on?
Old 02-15-2013, 08:00 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

How about put that fuse back? Does the car start now?

Quick Reply: i dun messed up