Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gen 3 wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gen 3 wiring

I am doing a 5.3 swap into my 01 blazer. My question is i have the factory wire harness and i was hopin for info to adapt it to my blazer to run factory guages. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks fuys
Old 02-21-2013, 09:31 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

It is possible to adapt the harness you have. The only problem is the pcm is routed to mount on the driver side with the vortec harness. On the blazer and s10 platform it is routed to mount on the passenger side. You may be able to just pull the main trunk line to the other side, or just mount the pcm on the driver side of your blazer.

We offer brand new plug and play harnesses for your application. If you have any more questions feel free to post up. Ill be keeping an eye on this thread for ya!

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 02-21-2013, 11:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

If you need gage cluster schematics pm or email me.

Jon
PSI
Old 02-22-2013, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

You could flip the harness over and repin the inj and coils for the bank switch. Of course a few connectors would need to be lengthened to suit, but the truck harness is extra long and easy to work with
Old 02-23-2013, 01:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by psiconversion
If you need gage cluster schematics pm or email me.

Jon
PSI
hi jon thanks for your help. The guage clustr schematics would really help if you dont mind emailing them to me. My email is ( lowrolr@hotmail.com ). Thank you very much.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BP Automotive
It is possible to adapt the harness you have. The only problem is the pcm is routed to mount on the driver side with the vortec harness. On the blazer and s10 platform it is routed to mount on the passenger side. You may be able to just pull the main trunk line to the other side, or just mount the pcm on the driver side of your blazer.

We offer brand new plug and play harnesses for your application. If you have any more questions feel free to post up. Ill be keeping an eye on this thread for ya!
hi thanks for your reply. Do you offer a plug and play that will allow me to run factory guages. Cpw has them but i am trying to avoid spending $1000 on a harness. How much are yours. Or do you possably have a way to add those function to my harness? Thanks for any help
Old 02-23-2013, 07:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by lowrolr
hi thanks for your reply. Do you offer a plug and play that will allow me to run factory guages. Cpw has them but i am trying to avoid spending $1000 on a harness. How much are yours. Or do you possably have a way to add those function to my harness? Thanks for any help
The harness we build for that application is $700. It will be 100% plug and play if your using some form of factory fan set. If you are using universal you will have to splice the fan power. Thats it.

We use production tooling to achieve a consistent, reliable solderless crimp. We also use gm color codes, along with the TXL wire used in a factory harness.

Feel free to call if you like or email.

270-805-1777

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 02-23-2013, 02:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by lowrolr
hi jon thanks for your help. The guage clustr schematics would really help if you dont mind emailing them to me. My email is ( lowrolr@hotmail.com ). Thank you very much.

Lowrolr,

Here are the gage cluster schematics....

www.psiconversion.com/diagrams.html

Just to note, we are in the process for adding a lot of schematics for various applications so customers can pinout their gage sets themselves (this is one of the more common questions people as when it comes to there swap) as well as retain ABS, and other system functions. Our dyno shop recently installed one of our harnesses in a 2003 S10 with our standalone harness and it was effortless (dont want to say painless) and all the S-10 functions were retained.

If you need more information let me know. Hope this helps.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'

Quick Reply: gen 3 wiring