Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where is the best place to buy a stand alone

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where is the best place to buy a stand alone

wanted a nitrous outlet, but its pricey and there 2-3 weeks out dont wanna wait that long, i have seen the nitrous express ones there more affordable and look nice as well and everyone sells them
Old 03-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

I've seen the nitrous outlet ones in person (not plastic), they are a really nice piece. Looking forward to buying one soon myself. 2-3 weeks isn't a long time to wait on good parts. Not saying anything negative about the NX system.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I bought a Nitrous Outlet one for its quality and it helped that they have top notch customer service.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:36 AM
TECH Resident

i purchased a Nitrous Outlet fusebox located fuel cell for f-bodies back in 2007 or so. for the $850 i paid, i wasn't impressed with it. i sold it for a substantial loss. their OTHER fuel cells might be bad ***, but never again for me.

i'd suggest something from summit racing for under $200. there are enough pumps, lines, fittings and regulators in LS1Tech's classifieds that you can piece everything together for way under $500
Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have several of our units in stock and ready to ship if you have any questions about them give me a call.

I'm not sure which one you are looking at but we do also offer a low pressure unit as well that is very affordable and we do have jetting charts for ALL of our systems at a low PSI setting.

Trey
Old 03-07-2013, 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If you buy a stand alone fuel system, they come with a fuel pump in the tank, correct. Also, does having a stand alone mean there is no need for a controler to pull timing because you're stand alone is used for nitrous runs only? I'm just trying to figure if you have a stand alone, what parts do you NOT have to have if you're not running a stand alone. Does that also mean you need two different tunes, or can you just use the N/A tune when you have a stand alone, running higher octane fuel?
Old 03-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
If you buy a stand alone fuel system, they come with a fuel pump in the tank, correct. Also, does having a stand alone mean there is no need for a controler to pull timing because you're stand alone is used for nitrous runs only? I'm just trying to figure if you have a stand alone, what parts do you NOT have to have if you're not running a stand alone. Does that also mean you need two different tunes, or can you just use the N/A tune when you have a stand alone, running higher octane fuel?
We have two different tanks one that comes with the pump in the tank and the regulator in the outside mounted to it that is our high pressure setup. The other one that we have uses a low pressure pump that would be remote mounted and a non bypass regulator.

Here are the two SAFE systems we offer
Hi pressure

Low Pressure

A stand alone is used so that you can put one gallon of high octane fuel (mostly c16) in it to quench detonation without having the expense of putting several gallons of race fuel in your regular fuel tank.

You are correct in that it will only spray when the nitrous is activated and you wont have to pull fuel out of your factory fuel tank.

You will still need to have the ability to pull timing just in case but when you run a high octane gas with the nitrous the need to pull timing is much less.

Trey
Old 03-09-2013, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

i just bought a holley blue pump kit and made one myself for about 250 was super easy
Old 03-10-2013, 03:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I've personally run the NX stand a lone with great results. I didn't have it for long, but it worked very well and like it should. No leaks etc. I custom mounted mine in the front bumper, but that was because I have substantial amounts of metal cut out from my car with chromoly tubing replacing that and the batt. tray/fusebox area is no longer there.

We've also got customers using the NX stand alones with great results.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We are the ones that designed the all in one dedicated fuel systems and sold them for a very long time before they were knocked off..

We offer two different designs, A plastic version and a aluminum version. We use only the best quality components. No cheap fuel pumps or regulators

We offer a plastic version which is our lower cost unit and has a faster turn around time. We can turn this one around in a couple of days. It mounts on the radiator core support and does not require relocating the battery and only cost 599.99

http://nitrousoutlet.com/index.php/f...el-system.html

We also offer an aluminum version of the fuse area dedicated for 749.99.

We also offer a version that mounts where the battery goes using the factory hold down tabs. Its 749.99

We have not updated our pics on the website yet but all of our tanks now come with black fittings instead of the red and blue.

Thanks
Dave
Old 03-11-2013, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wouldn't happen to have the black plastic one for a C5 vette would ya?

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
We are the ones that designed the all in one dedicated fuel systems and sold them for a very long time before they were knocked off..

We offer two different designs, A plastic version and a aluminum version. We use only the best quality components. No cheap fuel pumps or regulators

We offer a plastic version which is our lower cost unit and has a faster turn around time. We can turn this one around in a couple of days. It mounts on the radiator core support and does not require relocating the battery and only cost 599.99

We also offer an aluminum version of the fuse area dedicated for 749.99.

We also offer a version that mounts where the battery goes using the factory hold down tabs. Its 749.99

We have not updated our pics on the website yet but all of our tanks now come with black fittings instead of the red and blue.

Thanks
Dave
Old 03-11-2013, 01:39 PM
9 Second Club

Couldn't be happier with my Nitrous Express SAFE fuel system. Works flawless every time!
Old 03-11-2013, 02:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HolyShiznit
Wouldn't happen to have the black plastic one for a C5 vette would ya?
We do not offer any plastic versions for the C5. However I have seen pics from LMR where they took one of our fuse style dedicated's and made one fit a C6.

We offer two different aluminum versions for the C5

This one goes down in the front nose beside the cold air box.

This one mounts where the battery is and you would have to do a battery relocate.
http://nitrousoutlet.com/index.php/f...-required.html

Quick Reply: where is the best place to buy a stand alone