General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Right rear tire misaligned

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right rear tire misaligned

Quick question:

Awhile ago, I lost control in the rain which sent my rear end around which hit a curb and jumped over breaking my rim. Since then, I've replaced the wheel but it looks about and inch or two pushed inwards versus the other wheels. The left rear tire is in the same place as it was, just the right rear is shoved in. It scrapes against the wheel well on left turns and hard bumps.

What could it be? I've since launched it at the track a couple times and been up intake 120s and 130s and haven't died yet but I want to put nitrous in my car soon (150 shot) and don't wanna see my rear wheel walking me in the lane next to me. Do I need a cradle alignment? Thanks!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Id pull the wheel off and examine the axel/hub. also if you can stick your head up under the booty of your car and check the panhard bar. buddy of mine did something similar and his panhard bar was off kilter lol might also see about having a alignment shop (not hibdons) but someone who specializes in just that. and have them look at the alignment of the rear end compared to the front. I doubt you did damage to the axle because i had a guy drop a log under my car at 70mph and nocked the rear end off the ground -fun time- lol and there wasnt a dent, the only damage was to the muffler
Old 03-14-2013, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

does it look like your rear has shifted to one side?

what about noises?
Old 03-14-2013, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is it possible the axel jammed into the carrier or bent? When you jack up the car and spin the wheel does it wobble? Is the back space, axel flange to housing end the same on both sides?

Good luck.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
does it look like your rear has shifted to one side?

what about noises?
There is a slight squeaking that gets louder when I press the brakes
Old 03-16-2013, 12:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ss performance
Is it possible the axel jammed into the carrier or bent? When you jack up the car and spin the wheel does it wobble? Is the back space, axel flange to housing end the same on both sides?

Good luck.
The wheel does not spin or wobble or anything
Old 03-16-2013, 12:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mista Blazer
Id pull the wheel off and examine the axel/hub. also if you can stick your head up under the booty of your car and check the panhard bar. buddy of mine did something similar and his panhard bar was off kilter lol might also see about having a alignment shop (not hibdons) but someone who specializes in just that. and have them look at the alignment of the rear end compared to the front. I doubt you did damage to the axle because i had a guy drop a log under my car at 70mph and nocked the rear end off the ground -fun time- lol and there wasnt a dent, the only damage was to the muffler
I really hope I didn't do any expensive damage to the axel, what all would be involved in diagnosing and repairing this sorta thing?
Old 03-16-2013, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

I smacked a curb once too. Cracked my wheel and bent the axle shaft resulting in the wheel being wobbly. I tried just replacing the axle shaft but that actually made it worse. In my case I needed a whole new rear end. I don't know if you will or not, but if you did need a whole new rear end they are not that expensive. Last 10 bolt I bought, from a member on here, only cost me $150.

Last edited by cleb; 03-16-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you check the axel back space?

Quick Reply: Right rear tire misaligned