Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 24x harness to LSX

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default LT1 24x harness to LSX

I'm wanting to know what might be required to use my custom built harness on an LS style motor? It's a efi connection built harness. They told me that they could make me a new info for $800 but I'd rather try to see if I could get mine to work. I'm asking you guys because they would not help me, they just want my money lol.

Right now I have a LT motor running off a LS PCM with a 4l80e Trans. Sense the wiring is already setup for the LT gauges and the Trans that I'm keeping isn't it pretty much straight forward? I'm going to go with the alternator relocation bracket to make it be easier for my wiring and no a/c or emissions stuff.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:00 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will have to repin the firing order and re-route some of the sensors. And add in a few wires. But it can be done.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 03-31-2013, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Is that how efi does their harnesses? I thought it was the computers tune that changes the firing order, didn't know its repined.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by jasonz28camaro
Is that how efi does their harnesses? I thought it was the computers tune that changes the firing order, didn't know its repined.
It is how all of us who make these harnesses do it.

LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 03-31-2013, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can see that some sensors need to be relocated but are the plugs the same and what writes in particular need to be added if you know off the top of your head?
Old 03-31-2013, 01:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

you will have to add the TSU wire to the CTS wiring and use a 3 wire temp sender, you will also have to add the wiring for the second knock sensor.

The alternator connector is different, so that will have to be changed along with the CTS connector. You will have to add in the knock sensor wiring and connector at the rear of the intake. You will have to repin the CAM sensor and change/shorten the connector for the CPS. You will also have to change the MAP sensor connector

The TPS, IAC, MAF, IAT, and transmission stuff should be the same, some may need relocation.

I may be forgetting something. Thats all right off the top of my head at the current time.

sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 03-31-2013, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the help. I see you your company makes harnesses by your signature. I'm going to be doing the swap this winter. Would you be able to sell me the connectors, additional wires and the repining directions?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I can sell you the materials you need. as for the repinning there is very little that needs to be done, and you would just repin the injectors and coils to the standard 99 up ls1 pcm pinouts.

sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 03-31-2013, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds good. I'll pm you for pricing and everything in a couple of months. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:52 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

No problem. We can make you a plug and play harness, which might be an option if you are able to sell the harness that you have. You might try and gauge interest in it, you never know. Might save you the headache if you can get enough out of your 24x harness.

The harness for your application will run $700

sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491

Quick Reply: LT1 24x harness to LSX