Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stand Alone setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 01:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stand Alone setup

Any one else running theirs like this? Anthony at FTP told me about using the Reg after the noid(fuel noid has a bypass port) for better pressure management and it makes sense to me.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

So then the regulator serves no real purpose? Bc the noid is going to still flow as much as u put to it. Like the regulator is on the return side. To me I do not see how the regulator is even needed in this equation. Just my opinion.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Everything on that inlet side (Everything on right side of regulator) of the regulator should be maintained at pressure. When the noid opens there shouldn't be any pressure drop on that side of the regulator. The return on the regulator manages that.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:40 PM
TECH Resident

Does your fuel noid have 3 ports? From the diagram, I see the fuel being pumped straight to the noid, and then being regulated on the return. Maybe I'm just not getting it, and one of the big dogs will chime in
Old 04-01-2013, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by krissoto
Does your fuel noid have 3 ports? From the diagram, I see the fuel being pumped straight to the noid, and then being regulated on the return. Maybe I'm just not getting it, and one of the big dogs will chime in
Yes Fuel noid has 3 ports. Inlet, bypass, and outlet to the plate. Bypass flows constant to the regulator.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

makes perfect sense to me. with everything working correctly, there's no way the fuel solenoid's bypass-port will under-flow the fuel jet in the nozzle/plate.

to me it's exactly like taking the factory regulator out of the fuel tank and installing an after market regulator after the fuel rail.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:48 AM
On The Tree

Here is how mine is set up, but mine is regulator before the noid.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The should be 3 lines hooked to the regulator, Pressure, outlet, and a return. The outlet (which will be regulator to what ever pressure you set it at) will go to the solenoid and from there the plate. This is how I have mine setup.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BarneyMobile
The should be 3 lines hooked to the regulator, Pressure, outlet, and a return. The outlet (which will be regulator to what ever pressure you set it at) will go to the solenoid and from there the plate. This is how I have mine setup.
The return send excess pressure back to the tank. At least that is how mine works. Whether the outlets are capped or are run to what ever, the return sends excess pressure back to the tank. It doesn't know what's capped or used. The outlets(hell even the inlet) are just holes that are running to the same open chamber. The Valve that adjust pressure is feeding directly into the return at the bottom.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:03 AM
10 Second Club

I understand exactly what you're saying. Call me naive, but I've never seen fuel solenoid with a bypass 3rd port. I've seen 3 port nitrous solenoids as I run one myself. Almost sounds like you're running a nitrous solenoid on the fuel side. My fuel solenoid is fed from the regulator and not directly from the pump like you have shown in your diagram. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by BarneyMobile; 04-03-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BarneyMobile
I understand exactly what you're saying. Call me naive, but I've never seen fuel solenoid with a bypass 3rd port. I've seen 3 port nitrous solenoids as I run one myself. Almost sounds like you're running a nitrous solenoid on the fuel side. My fuel solenoid is fed from the regulator and not directly from the pump like you have shown in your diagram. Just my 2 cents.
It's the only fuel solenoid I have seen with the 3 ports. It's an NX Lightning NX Fuel Noid

Old 04-03-2013, 02:13 PM
10 Second Club

I stand corrected

Quick Reply: Stand Alone setup