Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

those with pacesetters come in please

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default those with pacesetters come in please

i am looking for a quick simple answer. i am looking at the pacesetter coated long tubes for budget reasons. do i need the connection pipes? and what catbacks mate up to it without needed to modify anything. no vendors have been able to give me an answer. thanks.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

If you want to connect to a stock cat-back with minimal work, then yes you need the connections. If you buy these, they should bolt up to the factory cat-back and they should also mate to the Corsa cat-back if I remember right. Order from Maryland Speed - 420 shipped for the coated version. Im in the middle of installing some rightnow
Old 04-02-2013, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

There are no headers that do not require some type of modification. Nothing is a true bolt and go. IIRC
Old 04-02-2013, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

These are truly bolt on.

Get the off road connection pipes.

You'll lose your cats.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Love mine

I installed the coated pacesetters and bought the additional off-road adapter. Like Bacon, I also got mine from Marylandspeed, 420 for the header and 69 for the adapters. If you need converters for inspections and such you will need some custom work done to connect them to your stock or cat back. If you don't need cats they bolt right up. I have a Borla cat back and I had to loosen the pipes front of the X pipe to line them up to the pacesetters. But other than that, they bolt up nicely. I will say the adapters must have been fitted on the non coated headers and sold for either. They are an extremely tight fit. I had to use a hammer and a wood block to persuade mine onto the header collector, not exactly the slip fit I imagined. If you go catless you'll also need to get a custom tune done.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:26 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

you need the connection pipes. They will bolt to any catback that bolts to the factory pipes

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 04-02-2013, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have no issue with losing cats and getting it tuned out. i have been eyeing MD speed. i am a MD resident so i am going to get taxed unlike some which sux but they seem to have the best price. how does the stock catback flow? or should i just opt for the magnaflow, corsa, or stainless works? is it more for sound? i know people just remove the mufflers on the stocker but i dont want to screw up the look of the back of the car with no tips.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

also are there any o2 extensions needed like with the fbodys? i fell like such a noob switching platforms
Old 04-02-2013, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nope - you'll need to find the harness and loosen up the harness ties. It has enough slack.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bigti99a
also are there any o2 extensions needed like with the fbodys? i fell like such a noob switching platforms
I didn't need any extensions on mine. The drivers side seemed to have enough slack, I was also able to plug it in from up top. The passengers side seemed to have less slack, so I had to hold my tongue just right to plug it in, also was able to plug it in from the top. I think extenders would just net you extra wires that you have to zip tie out of the way. Speaking of wires, you might want to look into some heat shield tape. I wrapped up every wire/loom that was going to be close to the header. I don't care for the look of a wrapped header.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are doing cat delete, pacesetters with the connectors will bolt directly to factory exhaust, 0 issues.

o2 extensions will be needed for rear o2s if you plan on running aftermarket cats. You will also need to cut and weld at that point as well.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Since we are on this pacesetter discussion, any of you have leaks between the extensions and the exhaust...I do! How did you solve this if anyone had the same issue? I dont think welding is an option, unless you have a flex pipe, but then you are cutting the exhaust to install it. Also I heard people use some aftermarket gaskets between the extension and the corsa that may help? I bought some bolts that have some sort of tension springs but they did not seem to solve the issue? Had it tuned with the leaks so car runs fine but would love to get this fixed over the next few months.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kl2onik
Since we are on this pacesetter discussion, any of you have leaks between the extensions and the exhaust...I do! How did you solve this if anyone had the same issue? I dont think welding is an option, unless you have a flex pipe, but then you are cutting the exhaust to install it. Also I heard people use some aftermarket gaskets between the extension and the corsa that may help? I bought some bolts that have some sort of tension springs but they did not seem to solve the issue? Had it tuned with the leaks so car runs fine but would love to get this fixed over the next few months.
When I put mine together I used permatex red high temp silicone. I put some on the ball end(on the adapter) and some on the cup end(on the cat back pipe), then put it together. You could also use some permatex high temp copper silicone. The red seems to be holding up on mine. I haven't had any leaks either. I had done it for good measure, seems to have paid off.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for all the input my order was placed with MD speed today. now if my REVSHIFT order would just show the F*** up i can put all my mounts and bushings in as well. i know they are a smaller outfit but damn its tough to be patient.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Hopefully you don't have to do what I did. Take them out twice and heat them up with a torch and crush them so they don't rub the steering shaft.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah that would **** me off just a touch. most seem to have great feedback on them so i am optimistic things will be fine.

Quick Reply: those with pacesetters come in please