Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

turn signal not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn signal not working

I have a 1999 chevy camaro z28. The problem im having is the front driver side turn signal stays on instead of flashing. The rear turn signal flashes fine as do both on the right side. All work fine when the flasher is pushed. Ive replaced the light socket, the bulb, and the flasher for the blinkers, and still the same. Also the light on the dash for the turn signal does not work for the drivers side but you can hear the flasher clicking. Any suggestions?
Old 04-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

My front turn signals on my WS6 did that a while back, it was due to moisture getting into the light socket and rusting. Replaced the bulb and light socket and occasionally spray silicon around the edge of the housing and havn't had a problem since. If you have already replaced the bulb and light socket and it still won't work, it may just be a wiring problem. Other than that I don't know what else could be causing that.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had to replace the bulb in my dash for my right blinker arrow, it wasn't to terribly hard.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:39 PM

Ok thanks, Im thinking it may be a wiring issue maybe the turn signal switch on the steering column but dont know if the back would still come on if that was bad.

Quick Reply: turn signal not working