Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Another WS1 hood mod.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another WS1 hood mod.

I notice there only been 2 or 3 other person on here that did the ws1 hood mod, So i decided to give it a shot. Let me know what you guy think? ITs primed and getting ready to be painted. I THINK MY VERSION OF THE HOOD HAVE THE LARGEST NASTRIAL thought lol. Will post better picture soon....... Feel Free to ask any question.

From this

To
Paint, but wanted it to stand out more so here go ws1 hood

Cut

Primed

Last edited by Tien1365; 04-11-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Teching In

I love those WS1 hood mods, one day I will be brave enough to hack up my perfectly good hood and do this.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:15 AM
Staging Lane

that looks so clean, i would be scared as **** to do that
Old 04-11-2013, 07:34 AM
TECH Regular

That's sick man! I love it. I noticed in the second pic the grille mesh. How'd u apply that to stay? Body work looks exceptional, good line gap, u flattened the nose that extended on to the front bumper, and I put flares on each side of mine, but yours looks just as good! Glad someone used my write up thread for what I made it for. I believe u and I have taken it much more extensively than anyone has ever tried.

I don't know if you have driven the car since the mod, but those hoods are folded fiberglass, and after being cut will attempt to pull away from itself if the bodywork doesn't support it right, if u have not I would strongly encourage u to fiberglass in inbetween the nostrils spread it to the floor if possible. And pull it up to where the Nostrils begin to curve (outward) and lay the finberglass inside that fold until thru the curve. This will prevent it from cracking in attempt to pull it apart.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Numba20
That's sick man! I love it. .
Just because it's on every post you make, your interior is "Subtle"
Old 04-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Teching In

That's sick man! I love it. I noticed in the second pic the grille mesh. How'd u apply that to stay? Body work looks exceptional, good line gap, u flattened the nose that extended on to the front bumper, and I put flares on each side of mine, but yours looks just as good! Glad someone used my write up thread for what I made it for. I believe u and I have taken it much more extensively than anyone has ever tried.

I don't know if you have driven the car since the mod, but those hoods are folded fiberglass, and after being cut will attempt to pull away from itself if the bodywork doesn't support it right, if u have not I would strongly encourage u to fiberglass in inbetween the nostrils spread it to the floor if possible. And pull it up to where the Nostrils begin to curve (outward) and lay the finberglass inside that fold until thru the curve. This will prevent it from cracking in attempt to pull it apart.
Yeah, I notice how it was pulling apart while I was working on it. But the whole opening to and inch back was rexconstruct, and every part is 1/4 inch thick. Haha that the reason for the nastrial being bigger. I remove the ring around there then carve it back n rebuilding it as one solid piece. And fiber glass around around edge of the whole hood. I actully try to do those two line that u did on the bumper but that didnt work out so I just flatten it.

The mesh was a roofing mesh I found at lowe and it cut and molded into the the hood from the back.

im still waiting on a new light cover before i paint the car.

And thank. Much appriciated
Old 04-11-2013, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by c6matt
Just because it's on every post you make, your interior is "Subtle"
Guess my auto correct didn't catch that. Thank you. Lol
Old 04-11-2013, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tien1365
Yeah, I notice how it was pulling apart while I was working on it. But the whole opening to and inch back was rexconstruct, and every part is 1/4 inch thick. Haha that the reason for the nastrial being bigger. I remove the ring around there then carve it back n rebuilding it as one solid piece. And fiber glass around around edge of the whole hood. I actully try to do those two line that u did on the bumper but that didnt work out so I just flatten it.

The mesh was a roofing mesh I found at lowe and it cut and molded into the the hood from the back.

im still waiting on a new light cover before i paint the car.

And thank. Much appriciated
I'll be taking a trip to lowes then. Lol

It sounds like u got all the unseen issues pinned. Congrats on the success. It maybe been bc of the shadow but the grilles look black, with the car being blue, you have got to make those stainless or chrome. That would set it off!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Teching In

I'll be taking a trip to lowes then. Lol

It sounds like u got all the unseen issues pinned. Congrats on the success. It maybe been bc of the shadow but the grilles look black, with the car being blue, you have got to make those stainless or chrome. That would set it off!
Lol thank. But no i painted it black. But that because I about to repaint the whole car a matte balloon white. A black and white themes.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:46 AM
TECH Regular

Lol thank. But no i painted it black. But that because I about to repaint the whole car a matte balloon white. A black and white themes.
Like the Lamborghini's with the blue tint to it? That was my choice that lost to the velocity yellow that I wound up painting on the car.

Great minds think alike! Lol
Old 04-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Like the Lamborghini's with the blue tint to it? That was my choice that lost to the velocity yellow that I wound up painting on the car.

Great minds think alike! Lol
Lol yeah. Unquie hood call for a unique color. The first time I saw it was actully on a ducati 899. But then found that it was use on farrarri ans and lambo.

And I only seen 2 pearl white t.a. but never a matte.
U
The paint alone cost 1/4 of what I got the car for lol.

Last edited by Tien1365; 04-11-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn if i was that skilled i would do that to my TA. You wanna do mine?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:44 PM
TECH Regular

Lol yeah. Unquie hood call for a unique color. The first time I saw it was actully on a ducati 899. But then found that it was use on farrarri ans and lambo.

And I only seen 2 pearl white t.a. but never a matte.
U
The paint alone cost 1/4 of what I got the car for lol.
nice! when u get it done, she should be on a magazine cover! lol
Old 04-11-2013, 02:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

that looks great
Old 04-11-2013, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

Looks good, they should of come that way from the factory.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kickass bird catcher!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Launching!

I'm not hating or anything, but I like it better the way it was. But that way looks cool too!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mista Blazer
Damn if i was that skilled i would do that to my TA. You wanna do mine?
Haha thank. The process isnt all that hard, it just about how much patient you have with appying and shaving (shaping) the fiberglass.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by VAformula
I'm not hating or anything, but I like it better the way it was. But that way looks cool too!
No probs. That why I posted, for opinion.
I don't disargree with you the ws6 and ws9 is a amzing looking hood. But there two many of them in my area and I had to repaint and fix the hood, might as well as going all out rather then leaving it the same.

I was actully gonna just get a raptor or ws9 before I did this. But im glad I went this rount.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dang Nice man! I think you make number 4! I think yours is bigger than mine, did you push the bumper scoop part down some? it seems like it, mine went down a 1/4" maybe but wasn't intentional. I finally got some grilles in mine, but im not sure i uploaded pictures.

I think you, Numba20 and I need to do a photoshoot sometime. whos up for a road trip?

Quick Reply: Another WS1 hood mod.