Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

wanna redo my brakes and rotor on my 00 Z28 any suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanna redo my brakes and rotor on my 00 Z28 any suggestions

I just bought a 00 z28 and the brakes aren't that bad but I want to replace them I was wondering if u guys haf any positive feedback on specific rotors and brakes...
Old 04-13-2013, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slotted rotors are fine but don't get drilled rotors because the metal can stress crack around the holes. The slots clean the face of the pads to allow better bite on the rotors. Centric makes good quality/affordable rotors and ceramic pads work well on the street since they don't get the wheels dirty.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Ok I appreciate it
Old 04-14-2013, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm with RedHotG8 on this. I just put a set of EBC slotted directional rotors and EBC Yellow Stuff pads on the back of my car. Great performance so far.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If a daily driver, or a road racer, or just a heavy braker, spend a little more and get a quality set of rotors and pads. If a low mile weekend warrior that redlight races once a month and sits at car shows, buy a cheap set of drilled and slotted rotors off ebay, etc. They even come with ceramic pads. I did that, and am happy with them. They were so cheap that replacing them is no problem if they break.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RJDio
If a daily driver, or a road racer, or just a heavy braker, spend a little more and get a quality set of rotors and pads. If a low mile weekend warrior that redlight races once a month and sits at car shows, buy a cheap set of drilled and slotted rotors off ebay, etc. They even come with ceramic pads. I did that, and am happy with them. They were so cheap that replacing them is no problem if they break.
I used the car as a daily driver right now and once in a while race with it...can somebody guide me into some good quality rotors and brake pads?
Old 04-14-2013, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd go to Summit racing, or WS6 store, look at the wide variety of pricing they have and you can find a price range that fits your budget (the black zinc ones look freakin amazing), then do some review searches of that brand first before you buy! When you find a brand / price you want, do price comparisons (price+tax+shipping) between the sites and don't rule out Ebay from a highly reviewed seller. Should take less than an hour to make a good informed decision within your certain budget.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by balboa25
I just bought a 00 z28 and the brakes aren't that bad but I want to replace them I was wondering if u guys haf any positive feedback on specific rotors and brakes...
If you haven't done these before, be sure to read up on adjusting the parking brake. If you replace the rear rotors, you'll need to do this and if you don't do it while the brake calipers are off, you'll end up very sad...

IMO - For a daily driver, Delco pads are great. My original set lasted a decade and performed well for what I needed. The balance between longevity and performance was just right. You can get all sorts of brakes with higher performance, but there's always a trade off. (Longevity, performance, dust, noise, price, etc.) So, if you can post what you are looking for most in this new set, you'll probably get better feedback.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by balboa25
I used the car as a daily driver right now and once in a while race with it...can somebody guide me into some good quality rotors and brake pads?
1981TA and I gave you a couple good options. Basically any name brand rotors and ceramic pads will work great for a daily driver as long as they have a lifetime warranty.

Quick Reply: wanna redo my brakes and rotor on my 00 Z28 any suggestions