Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Painted my Fast 102mm LSX-R and fixed DuSPeed.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 10:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Painted my Fast 102mm LSX-R and fixed DuSPeed.

So it all started out with damage to my Duspeed OTRCAI that is only made in Australia. I upgraded from my Svede OTRCAI to see if i'd get better results plus it was a lot cleaner setup. Here is the start to round 2 of 3 of the intake modification.

Nick Bruhy of Bruhy Body and Paint turned it into this.

He went ahead and painted the entire thing so it would match the intake I had him paint also while it was there. Plus his paint job was much better than the stock one that already comes on the DuSpeed. He painted it factory Midnight Blue Mettalic. Duspeed already had it done that color but their's wasn't as deep of a clear on it. He took it up himself to make the entire thing turn out look the same color.

Since he was fixing the vacuum niple got broken off the fast he went ahead and fixed that. I had TEA port match the intake but only did the bottom shell so that was stage 1. Stage 2 he fixed the nipple issue with a metal fitting and going to port match the runners so its a nice even tapper and not a brick wall. So the top is painted MBM along with all the letters but the "R" which is painted the typical red, the letters are all a metallic silver. Here is how it looks now. THe last stage is a direct port kit.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that looks so sick!
Old 05-11-2013, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

This guy can make a part if they dont already have it out there or his design is better. He only goes by word of mouth and has already done several cars that have been in magazines. I think I may have him do my cage and paint it. He told me if I go past an 8 point I may as well go to a tubular front end while we are in there. It's nice to finally find a shop I can trust. He use to work on my buddies WRX that he painted several times b/c people would hit him and always do a great job. So he will be having all my business for paint or body work and some performance **** possibly. He is already look to expand shop and add 2 more people.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That looks reaaaal good!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow that looks reat. Post a pic with it on the motor
Old 05-12-2013, 06:07 PM
11 Second Club

I'm waiting for the runner gaskets to show up. Also going to match my runners to the ported bottom shell TEA did when I had them port match the intake to my new heads. Then it'll all go on the motor. Once that is done its on to finish the rear suspension and fuel system.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Wow, just wow... i am envious.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks amazing. That color is insane.

Cannot wait until I paint my car and get a fresh coat of paint on it. So I can move onto other things like this. Great job!
Old 05-18-2013, 02:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Beautiful!

Quick Reply: Painted my Fast 102mm LSX-R and fixed DuSPeed.