Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another lnc-2000 question..

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another lnc-2000 question..

I tried searching and didnt come up with a good answer to this question, I have copied in part of the manual and ask, which way do most of you wire the clutch portion up? Any pros or cons to each??
"If you are triggering off of the clutch switch, the 2-step will trigger each time you depress the clutch
pedal. This can be used to provide an ignition cut/torque cut on each gear change to potentially allow
for faster shifts/faster clutch engagement.
If you do not want the 2-step to trigger when you engage the clutch pedal once you are moving then
you will need to install a momentary switch or use the Lingenfelter MPH activated switch (STOV-002).
With the MPH activated switch you can set at what MPH you want the 2-Step activation to be disabled.
Refer to page 18 for a wiring diagram that demonstrates how the STOV-002 should be connected to the
LNC-2000."
Old 05-17-2013, 10:39 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Really it all comes down to whether you want it automatically activated EVERY time you hit the clutch. Most people I've dealt with do not want it to activate on their shifts.

If you do not want it to activate on every press of the clutch, use the clutch and a momentary switch so that both have to be pressed for it to be active. Then, just the clutch won't activate it, but neither will just the momentary switch, so when you launch, the clutch will still deactivate the LNC-2000. This is the most common method I have seen.

The MPH switch is a better option IMO, but costs more money. This way it's still only active on launch and you don't have to mount or mess with a momentary switch. It's essentially acting as an automatic momentary switch that releases at your preset MPH

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 05-17-2013, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Ok, thanks! Is there a particular momentary switch I should look for and a diagram for it? I went throught the online manual for the lnc2000 and didnt see anything. Again, thanks for your help!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Momentary switch

Almost any momentary switch should work. You aren't running any significant current via the switch - it is just an activation level signal.

Selection of the switch would probably depend more on where/how you want to mount it.

This is the one we normally sell/use (not sure if it is referenced in the instruction):

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...w=&range_high=

Originally Posted by badtransam97
Ok, thanks! Is there a particular momentary switch I should look for and a diagram for it? I went throught the online manual for the lnc2000 and didnt see anything. Again, thanks for your help!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:31 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Any momentary switch you think will look good mounted in the position of your choice. It's just a push button with two wire connections, you'll install it inline with the same wiring that goes to your clutch pedal.

WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 05-17-2013, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
Any momentary switch you think will look good mounted in the position of your choice. It's just a push button with two wire connections, you'll install it inline with the same wiring that goes to your clutch pedal.
Hi- I mounted a momentary switch exactly according to the instructions for a M6 car but it only works when the switch is held down, if you release it, then the 2 step stops working. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

My wires comes into the moementary switch via the same wire going to the relay prong #85, which comes off the green wire that was cut and is connected to the CPP on my 98 Camaro. I've called LPE a few times with no firm answer and have spent way too many hours on this.

Thanks for any help...
Troy
Old 10-30-2013, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Isn't that the purpose of a momentary switch?
Old 10-30-2013, 07:44 PM
9 Second Club

Yes but depends on your setup. I didn't realize I had to hold it the entire time , where with an MSD 2 step, you don't have to.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:36 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by Troy
Hi- I mounted a momentary switch exactly according to the instructions for a M6 car but it only works when the switch is held down, if you release it, then the 2 step stops working. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

My wires comes into the moementary switch via the same wire going to the relay prong #85, which comes off the green wire that was cut and is connected to the CPP on my 98 Camaro. I've called LPE a few times with no firm answer and have spent way too many hours on this.

Thanks for any help...
Troy
It is functioning exactly as it should with a momentary switch. You have to have some sort of signal to the two step telling it to remain active, when you release a momentary switch that signal is gone immediately and so the two step stops working immediately. The alternative is an additional module like the MPH switch that uses an alternate reference point for when to have it activated and when not to.

I'm not certain what you're saying about the MSD setup, once you release the momentary button on it the two step is deactivated as well. Their description even says "There is an activation wire that connects to the transbrake, a clutch switch or to the line-lock to activate the low rpm limit. When that switch is released, the low rpm limit is turned off and the car launches hard!"

Old 10-31-2013, 09:50 AM
9 Second Club

Thanks, yes this was explained to me yesterday by LPE. I have a friend who has a MSD 2 step and he does not have to hold the momentary switch down, he just needs to hit it once. That's what he's told me and that's why I thought the LPE would be the same, which I know caused confusion.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

I have the LNC on my car and i am wanting to set it up that way also. I know we set it up on my wifes car that she holds that brake down and hits the momentary switch and the system stays active untill she lets off of the brake to launch. Once the brake is let go it shuts off.

Quick Reply: Another lnc-2000 question..