Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Volant CAI + maggie?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Volant CAI + maggie?

So are you guys using the Magnuson air tube with the voltant airbox, or did you do some kind of extension to make the volant tube fit around everything?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the Magnuson tube into the volant filter cone and heat box.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fits fine. I'm running the exact set up. Took the rubber snorkle out and made a little scoop for the main inlet of the box. I just used a little bit long coupler
Old 05-29-2013, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

I was messing around with using the Maggie tube vs the Volant tube. I like the slow bend of the Maggie tube vs the 90 degree bend in the volant tube, but the Maggie tube is flat rather than a round tube. Oh well.

I may go with the Volant tube just so I can move my meth nozzle further from the supercharger.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
I was messing around with using the Maggie tube vs the Volant tube. I like the slow bend of the Maggie tube vs the 90 degree bend in the volant tube, but the Maggie tube is flat rather than a round tube. Oh well.

I may go with the Volant tube just so I can move my meth nozzle further from the supercharger.

Do that. And sell me the Maggie tube. Please.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking of METH, do you feel it was worth the expense? I am thinking of adding Meth when I do the 2.7 pulley to help with IAT's. Also what name brand system did you go with? Thanks for any info...
Old 05-29-2013, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bigirishlt1
Do that. And sell me the Maggie tube. Please.
Does Magnuson not sell these any more? What you don't see on mine is the fiberglass patch work on the underside from when the tube somehow got in the way of the belt and chewed a huge hole!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GFallen
Speaking of METH, do you feel it was worth the expense? I am thinking of adding Meth when I do the 2.7 pulley to help with IAT's. Also what name brand system did you go with? Thanks for any info...
Im afraid im not much help here. I didn't see an IAT drop, which internet chatter seems to agree you usually dont with a PD blower like the maggie. I plan on switching to 100% meth after this tank runs dry. I assume I bought myself lower cylinder temps, but can't verify that. We tuned with no meth, and never ran meth on the dyno, so I have no idea how its affecting my power levels or anything.

I am using the Devils Own progressive kit. I like it... Easy to install, and I haven't had any trouble with it.

Good luck!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GFallen
I have tracked my iats during wot and they definitely drop 10-15 degrees max with 50/50 meth water and a 2.6 pulley. But you have to also realize its also preventing the oats from going up drastically too. I'm running the most basic coolingmist kit and tap off my windshield washer fluid reservoir. It has worked great thus far with no issue.

Quick Reply: Volant CAI + maggie?