Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lingenfelter LNC2000 2 Step Wiring Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 08:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lingenfelter LNC2000 2 Step Wiring Help

Hello everyone I am currently a little confused about the wiring on my LNC2000. I am in the process of installing a 78mm LS1 specific Nitrous Outlet plate with all the normal accessories (heater, MSD window switch, purge, etc.). Right now I have my nitrous kit (solenoids, purge, MSD, etc.) all wired up and working. It took me some time but I was able to get it all working on the first try, so keep in mind I am so so at wiring. At this point I have my LNC2000 hooked up to my coils and the orange wire hooked up to my nitrous activation... that all seems to be working correctly (red light is on).

Now to the problem, I am trying to hook up the 2 step but I am having some issues doing so. I think most of my issue is I am not fully understanding how this particular function on the LNC2000 operates. The wiring diagram that Lingenfelter provided is a bit confusing for me as I am not using a line lock, LED activation light, optional momentary switch, etc. The confusion is at no fault of Lingenfelter, I just am having a hard time comprehending due to my limited electrical system knowledge. What I originally thought was that since the LNC2000 gets its power and ground from the coils all I had to do was either hook up a 12V source to the yellow wire OR ground the green wire. I researched some threads and found that the yellow and green are not supposed to be hooked up at the same time. With this understanding I went ahead and spliced the green wire from the LNC2000 into the green wire on my clutch switch at the pedal. The two step works but it does not turn off... meaning that if I have the clutch depressed the two step activates and if I DONT have the clutch depressed it still activates (green light on the LNC is always blinking). Does anybody know what I am doing wrong here? I thought that possibly the clutch switch was bad but it does as it is supposed to. Clutch down the car starts, clutch up the car will not. Thank you very much in advance to anyone who can provide some guidance.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Hmmm...i just installed the LNC-2000 on my ride as well, but am only using it to retard the timing...not 2 step, delay, etc...Wish I could help ya on that one man sorry
Old 05-25-2013, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm? you must have gone thru my thread. When i had my green wire grounded it was activating the LNC all the time. SO i disconnected it.

All I have are the coils, the orange to activation switch and the yellow to my WOT (TPS switch)
Old 05-25-2013, 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by stroked383HSR
hmm? you must have gone thru my thread. When i had my green wire grounded it was activating the LNC all the time. SO i disconnected it.

All I have are the coils, the orange to activation switch and the yellow to my WOT (TPS switch)
Thats exactly how I ran mine and of course had the same result as you. The two step is always activated regardless of what is happening with the clutch switch. Like I said before i'm sure it is something simple... I am just having a hard time understanding how the box actually functions. Thank you for chiming in.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what is it your wanting the LNC to do?

I thought its just used for pulling timing? I dont think its a true 2 step, I may be wrong though.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Wiring 2-step to clutch switch

From your sig I am assuming you have this on a 4th gen Camaro or Firebird. If that is the case, did you use our wiring diagram for connecting to the clutch switch at the bottom of the clutch pedal travel (basically the starter enable switch)?

Page 12 of these instructions:
https://www.lingenfelter.com/sites/l...ons%20v1.7.pdf

You can't wire directly to the switch - you have to follow our wiring instructions or use a separate microswitch.

If you are wired to that switch per our wiring diagram then it will only be active when you have the clutch pedal pressed in.

Originally Posted by KTK Z28
Thats exactly how I ran mine and of course had the same result as you. The two step is always activated regardless of what is happening with the clutch switch. Like I said before i'm sure it is something simple... I am just having a hard time understanding how the box actually functions. Thank you for chiming in.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default LNC-2000 functions

Originally Posted by stroked383HSR
what is it your wanting the LNC to do?

I thought its just used for pulling timing? I dont think its a true 2 step, I may be wrong though.
The LNC-2000 is for pulling timing and also for providing an aux RPM limiter, aka 2-step. What makes it not a true 2-step is that it only has one rpm limiter setting while a true 2-step has two separate RPM limiter settings.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
From your sig I am assuming you have this on a 4th gen Camaro or Firebird. If that is the case, did you use our wiring diagram for connecting to the clutch switch at the bottom of the clutch pedal travel (basically the starter enable switch)?

Page 12 of these instructions:
https://www.lingenfelter.com/sites/l...ons%20v1.7.pdf

You can't wire directly to the switch - you have to follow our wiring instructions or use a separate microswitch.

If you are wired to that switch per our wiring diagram then it will only be active when you have the clutch pedal pressed in.
Jason, thank you for your reply. I actually got the module to work last night. I went ahead and added the relay and toggle switch to the 12V source. It works as it should now. Now that I added the relay I see how the system works... That was my big problem, I wasn't understanding how the 2 step functions. I see now that the relay changes the clutch switch to a ground connection to a powered connection. That makes sense to me now. I originally thought the LNC2000 only needed to see a ground connection for the 2 step to activate. Thank you for your technical help.

Just to clarify for anyone who may read this thread in the future, this misunderstanding was at no fault of Lingenfelter, it was my own misunderstanding that was causing the problems.

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter LNC2000 2 Step Wiring Help