Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stand alone overkill??

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stand alone overkill??

Hey guys well I've been doing a lot of research an am kinda unsure if I should spend the 500.00+ on a dedicated fuel system or not. My car is a full bolt on 99 trans am which I plan on spraying a NX wet 150.. I plan on using either the racetronix fuel pump kit or a aeromotive stealth 340 pump. Which pump is better? Also, I know a lot of guys spray on 93 but is 150 pushing it? I have the money to buy a SAFE nx system but don't know if the money is better suited for other suspension parts? Opinions? Thanks guys!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:17 PM
11 Second Club

You cant go wrong with a dedicated Fuel system. Its safer. You Eliminate the chance of going lean. Its best not to pull fuel from the Fuel Rails especially when you start using alot of Nitrous (150 H.P. shot or above with a SINGLE intank fuel pump.).

The Big Advantage of using a stand alone is that you can run High Octane fuel in the fuel cell which prevents Detonation. You also dont have to pull out or retard the timing as much with a timing retard box...which makes more power. They say a low pressure stand alone fuel pump & regulator(instead of High pressure) will make it easier to tune your Nitrous system.

Lonnie at Lonnies Performance... a sponser here on LS1 Tech. Told me that the single Fueltronix LS1 Intank fuel pump is good for 550-600 H.P.
Make sure you use the optional Fueltronix upgraded Hotwire wiring harness along with the Fueltonix Walbro 255 lph intank fuel pump. Lonnie carries these Racetronix kits & has them in stock.

He also makes & sells custom Racetronix Dual, twin intank fuel pump kits that are good for at least 800 or 1000 H.P. that are very reliable.
The second fuel pump is only ACTIVATED when you turn on your Nitrous Arming switch.

Here the Link for below for Lonnies performance. This guy really know his fuel systems. He will answer all you questions.
http://www.lonniesperformance.com/

Last edited by NOS LS1; 06-05-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Serioussn95
Hey guys well I've been doing a lot of research an am kinda unsure if I should spend the 500.00+ on a dedicated fuel system or not. My car is a full bolt on 99 trans am which I plan on spraying a NX wet 150.. I plan on using either the racetronix fuel pump kit or a aeromotive stealth 340 pump. Which pump is better? Also, I know a lot of guys spray on 93 but is 150 pushing it? I have the money to buy a SAFE nx system but don't know if the money is better suited for other suspension parts? Opinions? Thanks guys!
You will be just fine on a 150 shot with your setup.
A racetronix pump/hot wire kit will supply ample fuel for your need's.
Pull the standard 6 degrees of timing, put in a set of br7e plugs and start with probably a 100 shot, and work up from there.
I can't offer anything regarding the aeromotive pump mentioned above.
But I can tell you a lot of people here run the walbro and don't have any issues.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the car have a cam or head work done?

If not you will be fine with a Racetronix fuel pump or even a Aeromotive pump.

The main benefit of using a stand alone is the fact that you can run a higher octane gas in it and reduce the need to pull timing so you gain more power.

Trey
Old 06-07-2013, 12:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Save your money and just get the Racetronix fuel system. You will be good to 650 rear wheel hp with it.If you ended up building a motor or something in the future you would need to upgrade the cars fuel system anyways so by doing it now it just makes better since. Put the money you save in another mod.

Dave
Old 06-07-2013, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

http://nitrousoutlet.com/index.php/n...-required.html

I have one of these if interested, like new...
Old 06-08-2013, 11:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NOS LS1
You cant go wrong with a dedicated Fuel system. Its safer. You Eliminate the chance of going lean. Its best not to pull fuel from the Fuel Rails especially when you start using alot of Nitrous (150 H.P. shot or above with a SINGLE intank fuel pump.).

The Big Advantage of using a stand alone is that you can run High Octane fuel in the fuel cell which prevents Detonation. You also dont have to pull out or retard the timing as much with a timing retard box...which makes more power. They say a low pressure stand alone fuel pump & regulator(instead of High pressure) will make it easier to tune your Nitrous system.

Lonnie at Lonnies Performance... a sponser here on LS1 Tech. Told me that the single Fueltronix LS1 Intank fuel pump is good for 550-600 H.P.
Make sure you use the optional Fueltronix upgraded Hotwire wiring harness along with the Fueltonix Walbro 255 lph intank fuel pump. Lonnie carries these Racetronix kits & has them in stock.

He also makes & sells custom Racetronix Dual, twin intank fuel pump kits that are good for at least 800 or 1000 H.P. that are very reliable.
The second fuel pump is only ACTIVATED when you turn on your Nitrous Arming switch.

Here the Link for below for Lonnies performance. This guy really know his fuel systems. He will answer all you questions.
http://www.lonniesperformance.com/
So much mis-information here.............
Old 06-08-2013, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Save your money and just get the Racetronix fuel system. You will be good to 650 rear wheel hp with it.If you ended up building a motor or something in the future you would need to upgrade the cars fuel system anyways so by doing it now it just makes better since. Put the money you save in another mod.

Dave
I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. When do you know for a fact that you may need a Standalone fuel system for the car. When is it needed and when is it a waste of time? What if its a H&C car and you plan on spraying 175 or 200shot? Compression 11.7 or something like that?
Old 06-08-2013, 02:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Heavy H.P.
I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. When do you know for a fact that you may need a Standalone fuel system for the car. When is it needed and when is it a waste of time? What if its a H&C car and you plan on spraying 175 or 200shot? Compression 11.7 or something like that?
In my years of testing and tuning, for most guys on here when you go above the 175 point is when you need a standalone and put some good fuel in it. At that point you need to have a better knowledge of reading plugs and know what's going on inside your motor if you are going to stay on pump gas a spray more.

Most of the time its a guy with H/C/I and is already making 400+ to the tires that is wanting to spray a bigger hit like a 200 and its time to get a standalone any way because you will be maxing out the in-tank if you pulled from the rail.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Will you still get the lean spike pulling off of the stock rails with 2 in tank pumps? I really dont want to go stand alone because then anyone who knows anything knows you're spraying more than 150. lol
Old 06-08-2013, 03:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Stumped1215
Will you still get the lean spike pulling off of the stock rails with 2 in tank pumps? I really dont want to go stand alone because then anyone who knows anything knows you're spraying more than 150. lol
I've done 250 off the rail and didn't see a lean spike enough to be concerned about. That was with a single racetronix with a hotwire kit.

First of all why would you raise your hood to let anybody see the standalone? If I'm racing, the only thing you get to see is the other lane.

If you are raising the hood and they see it, tell them the engine is just a 4.8 out of a truck. LOL!
Old 06-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Launching!

I guess I'm just a nice guy hahaha. I downplay it because of the single nozzle. I guess I could hide a standalone just like the rest of the kit.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:54 PM
9 Second Club

I went 9.40s with racetronix 255 in tank pump with hotwire kit pulling off the rails. I have sprayed 300+ off the rails, just get a frps on the car, set it correctly and BE CAREFUL! I didn't switch over until two weeks ago, main reason was the motor needed more fuel NA after te heads/intake swap than it did when it was cam only.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Wow thats alot off the rail with a single 255! Very impressive.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carter01
I went 9.40s with racetronix 255 in tank pump with hotwire kit pulling off the rails. I have sprayed 300+ off the rails, just get a frps on the car, set it correctly and BE CAREFUL! I didn't switch over until two weeks ago, main reason was the motor needed more fuel NA after te heads/intake swap than it did when it was cam only.

I have the same fuel setup waiting to go into my car. Looks like i'll be upping the shot after it goes in!

Quick Reply: Stand alone overkill??