Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

microsquirt help/advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default microsquirt help/advice

Alright guys I need some help, I had aknovaman build me a microsquirt and harness, everything is well done but I'm having some issues, do to my odd work schedule it makes it difficult for me and him to talk to figure out what's causing my issues. So I'm hoping maybe someone can gimme some input on here.

So at first I was getting spark on cylinders 2,3,4,7 and no spark on 1,5,6,8. I tried switching coils, plug wires, moved my harness ground and added another engine to chassis ground. Still nothing, so I tried switching tunes to denmahs pump gas Fairmont tune, at the point I lost all spark, I switched back to the original tune that Aknovaman had loaded on my pcm and now I'm getting a Tach output error on tuner studio along with no spark on any cylinders. I've tested the key on wire at the main coil pack connector and I have 12v+, I checked the trigger wire for cyl. 1 and while cranking it does get 12v+. At this point I'm not sure what else it could be, granted I'm not an expert at electrical diagnostics but I can do the basics so if anyone has any ideas let me know and I'll try it. This is the only thing keeping my car from running so I'll take any help I can get.

Thanks,
Zac
Old 06-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Cmon guys someone has to have an idea...
Old 06-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did aknova mod the microsquirt for you? My guess would be the jumper wires that have to be added inside the microsquirt for setting up the wasted spark are either wrong or not connected. Maybe bad soldering when it was built? That would be the first thing I'd look at.
I also got the tach error...I just turned it off in tuner studio to get mine running haven't looked into it any more...yet.

Last edited by 1fastpickup; 06-21-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:01 AM
Launching!

He did, the jumper from pin 28 to 16 & 17 was originally only one wire going to both resistors. I fixed it and added in another wire so both resistors were had their own wire from pin 28 and were no longer touching. Still didn't fix anything.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Go over to MSextra.com so you can post up your tune, that way we can make sure you have everything right.

Sound like the first two channels are not firing, so if it is not in the wiring then it has to be in the tune. Unless he has those 4 coils on a different ignition feed, and the fuse for the wire feeding them is blown.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Question How about..

Originally Posted by Revoroller
Cmon guys someone has to have an idea...
Asking the guy that built the system??
Old 06-21-2013, 07:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
Asking the guy that built the system??
Did you miss the part where is said my work schedule conflicts with his so Sunday is the only day I can contact him? Pardon me for using the forum for one of its intended purposes..
Old 06-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by atomic 6
Go over to MSextra.com so you can post up your tune, that way we can make sure you have everything right.

Sound like the first two channels are not firing, so if it is not in the wiring then it has to be in the tune. Unless he has those 4 coils on a different ignition feed, and the fuse for the wire feeding them is blown.
The fuses are good, I'll try posting on there as well. Thanks!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 68 Posts

Wink

My resistor mods were done correctly. Today we discussed via phone and started a new project and I walked him through every setting and table. It is set up correctly. His used injectors have been setting for a long time so they are likely sticking open or closed. He will be cleaning them, next. It appears to be firing on all cylinders now but is hard to start. Will post results after cleaning injectors. Our work schedules do not allow daily communication and I am helping him all along the way till it's running and tuned reliably.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Thumbs down How about..

Originally Posted by Revoroller
Did you miss the part where is said my work schedule conflicts with his so Sunday is the only day I can contact him? Pardon me for using the forum for one of its intended purposes..
Giving me a pass for not giving a **** you work weird schedules....
Old 06-24-2013, 07:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
Giving me a pass for not giving a **** you work weird schedules....
Glad to see your providing such great info to this thread,

Quick Reply: microsquirt help/advice