Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Lamin-x'd the headlights, fogs and markers

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 07:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lamin-x'd the headlights, fogs and markers

I couldn't fine any examples on the net, so I thought I'd share. The headlights are covered in Lamin-x precut gunsmoke tint covers and the fogs/markers I did with a universal sheet of the same shade tint. It's a little darker than I would have liked, but it blends all of the lights together nicely. The raised lettering on the fogs and markers had to be sanded down flat, but the whole install only took about 4 hours. Light output is decreased a little. Emblems are 3m di-noc carbon fiber.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:18 AM
On The Tree

Good job! I tried to put some on our Mazda5 headlights last weekend, which was an exercise in futility.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

clean V sir. i likes.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Did you take the headlights out to install the lamin x film?
Old 06-27-2013, 03:08 AM
Launching!

Is there a lighter tint than the gunsmoke. It looks like a great job just a little dark for my taste
Old 06-27-2013, 05:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EdmundGTP
Did you take the headlights out to install the lamin x film?
I left the headlights on the car. You need to apply moderate pressure and pull on the film. The fogs and marker I removed to wet sand. If you buy the pre-cut fog covers you need to install them with the lights on the car because it only covers the exposed portion of the lens.

Originally Posted by xbladr
Is there a lighter tint than the gunsmoke. It looks like a great job just a little dark for my taste
It's just a touch darker than I wanted. It has toned down a shade from the pictures as the water is starting to evaporate from behind the film. I've used gunsmoke in the past and it doesn't work well with amber, but it does look "cleaner" over red and clear.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:13 AM
JDB
Launching!

Will that pass state inspection in MD? headlights probably wouldn't in PA. I've had Xpel on previous cars and was thinking about it for the V, but the headlights are already a mess due to the typical gray area cracking its seal. Thought about at least getting it to protect my STS-V fogs.

Nice stable. I had APR stage 3 on my '01.5 A4. (Previous car to my V... totaled since some b1tch pulled out in front of me...parted it out down to the shell.) Still have the UrS4? Would love one for a winter car.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Teching In

I had all the front done as part of a Clear Bra install. All was great until I had a 95 mph possum (Me not the Possum) incident that pushed the fascia up and broke a headlight mounting tab. Bodyshop put a new fascia and headlight on the car. Since I had received a ticket on the headlight tint I decided to remove the other side tinting and stay clear. Vinyl guy peeled tint off and sprayed Denatured alcohol on the surface. Immediately began to have surface cracks and looks like crap now. Be very careful if you ever remove that stuff!!

Quick Reply: Lamin-x'd the headlights, fogs and markers