Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sweet Thunder vs Powerstick Mufflers (true duals)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 02:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sweet Thunder vs Powerstick Mufflers (true duals)

Hello everyone. I am starting to piece together a true dual system for my 00 Z28. I already have a TSP ORY with a FM 4" merge and cut out with a magnaflow at the end of the system. I am looking to move to a true dual system. Right now the plan is to go with a universal summit x pipe and i'll likely buy a few extra bends to run the system out the back under the axle. My debate now is mufflers. Right now I have it down to sweet thunders or classic chamber powersticks. Has anybody heard both mufflers and can tell me the difference in sound (meaning volume, tone, deepness, rasp, etc)? I know the classic question of "which one sounds better?" is very subjective but any helpful information would be greatly appreciated. I also recognize that the sweet thunders are not 3" all the way through, they are only 2.75". I am not sure how much of a difference it would really make (car makes around 550rwhp on a 150 shot). Thanks everyone.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am curious too.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Also curious to hear more feedback, especially from powerstick owners as there is not a lot online.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive heard so many good reviews about sweet thunders, but im going with flowmaster 10 series. Ive got tsp 1 7/8, and ebay ss duals, just need to order the mufflers and miscellaneous stuff.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet thunders sound awesome and sweet.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have powersticks on my TSP 3" true duals. Here's a video. This was before my engine build. It is cam intake longtubes and exhaust in the video

I have another one somewhere from in another car. The powersticks are quite loud.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Zlow28
ive heard so many good reviews about sweet thunders, but im going with flowmaster 10 series. Ive got tsp 1 7/8, and ebay ss duals, just need to order the mufflers and miscellaneous stuff.
Sent you a PM. I have the Flowmaster 10s with the correct amount of stainless pipe and bend and hangers ready to bolt up to your ebay ss duals for sale in California. Just bolt on and go.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Streetlegal?
I have powersticks on my TSP 3" true duals. Here's a video. This was before my engine build. It is cam intake longtubes and exhaust in the video

Ben's 1998 Trans Am WS6 - HD - YouTube

I have another one somewhere from in another car. The powersticks are quite loud.
Sounds sick. Doubt I'd be able to get away with that cam and powersticks in California. Love the sound of the ST's and those powersticks, love the flow and like the sound of the Magnaflows. Think I am leaning Magnaflows right now as they seem to be a little quieter than the STs and powersticks and as I'll be camming this car. What I have right now is very similar to the STs except probably even louder as it is shorter and has a lot less louvers so I need to quiet things down as at WOT even with my high flow cats it just absolutely screams.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

I have sweet thunders. pretty darn loud without cats and headers but man they sound good. Everytime you search you will see the consensus says they are the best sounding muffler on a ls1

Quick Reply: Sweet Thunder vs Powerstick Mufflers (true duals)